SAU Community

Agent Orange Silvia

So i have been through quite a few cars in my 5 years of being a licenced driver, 16 of them in fact. And this will be my 4th S chassis car, my first being a bright orange S13 silvia, then there was the white 180sx, then the blue onvia and finially back into a S13 - the current one. In between ive had some other modified cars including "shudders" a 355 come racing stroker VP SS Commodore, an MZ20 soarer with 1jz conversion and a cressida with 1JZ Conversion.

But the one thing that was always missing was that love i had for my first silvia, that bright orange silvia which i cherished in my heart and wanted back. (alas it is now blue and in two pieces in qld so F that)

Just a few short weeks after buying that car i went on a Nissansilvia.com cruise which would have been in 2006 (thought i was pretty hot shit back then) fresh orange paint, big shiny 18's, cat back and t28. WOW were my eyes opened when another forum members Orange s13 appeared (lewytheflys13) So from then on out i always planned to build something as street and hardcore as that silvia. unfortunatly being a young lad i quickly forgot about that car and chopped and changed a few times, every time i got myself into another S chassis those memories came flooding back but was never in a position to turn the bland and regular into something special.

Untill about a month ago when i noticed that certain orange RB silvia for sale and i decided then and there that i was having that car. So as of now i am the new owner of Chris's (lewytheflys13 from NS.com) Orange S13 silvia.

I guess the mod list would be pretty similar to when the car was last shown in this section of the forum, and i plan to keep it very similar thus with a few additions and tidying a few things up that have either worn out or seen good use in the time the previous owner has had this car. I am in no way looking to change the look or overall appeal of this car, i dont believ in sacrilidge lol.

So the current mod list looks like this

1992 S13 Silvia, Orange with RB20DET conversion

Orange with a very faint Gold Pearl

RB20DET engine conversion

TRUST TD06H-25G Turbo kit/stainless manifold

46mm External gate with screamer

Trust Adjustable Cam Gears w/ Trust Timing Belt

RB25DET gearbox

OS GIKEN Twin Plate Clutch

KAAZ 2WAY LSD (very Fresh, even have receipts)

Z32 AFM

SARD Fuel Pressure Regulator

SARD 720cc injectors

CUSTOM Stainless Intercooler Piping

HKS Pod Filter

BOSCH 044 External Pump

External Surge Tank

ASE Polished header tank

TRUST 600x300x115 Front mount

APEXI Power FC + Hand Controller

GREDDY e-01 boost controller with LCD screen

KAKIMOTO cat back exhaust with Titanium look tip

5 Stud Hubs

R32 Skyline GTST 4 pots up front 2 pots up back

BREMBO front discs

PROJECT Mu Street Pads front

TEIN HE Drift Spec Coilovers

BRIDE ZIEG III low max seats

Matching BRIDE interior trim on doors, glove box, mats & gear boot

NARDI swede steering wheel

SAFETY 21 HALF CAGE

CUSCO strut braces front and back

CUSCO Sway bars front and back

HICAS Lock Bar

HID Head Lights

Apexi RSM

DEFI White Face Boost Gauge, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Water Temp

PIVOT Security Start Button

TRUST Gear Knob

Boot Mounted battery

Factory nismo AERO front bar

Volk/Rays Engineering TE37 Rims

18x8.5 +30 front

18x9.5 +40 rear

With 15mm bolt on spacers all round

GTR Style grill

NO A/c condenser and lines removed

So overall the car is very hardcore to drive around on the street, makes just shy of 260kw on 18PSI.

The very few things on the list of upgrades are

New oil lines for turbo, one of the speedflow fittings is leaking so ive ordered replacements

New rocker cover gaskets (small leak)

Custom stainless pod filter cover

Repaint the rocker covers in similar blue to current

Need to order some Defi sensors (boost, oil and water temp, and oil pressure)

Thinking of selling the greddy E01 and replacing it with a regular greddy profec B spec 2

Some new suspension components including coilovers, looking at JIC and Silk Road to replace current Teins

A full service of course, Royal Purple is my choice there

and that i about it for now, maybe a freshen up tune in the next few months and then next year maybe a new inlet plenum.

Il provide two old pictures of the car but these are not my photos, awaiting the car to be detailed then ill get some new photos up

post-40848-1282731594_thumb.jpg

post-40848-1282731709_thumb.jpg

post-40848-1282731728_thumb.jpg

and just a quick photo of my original orange silvia

post-40848-1282731766_thumb.jpg

Nice piece of kit. I am running a TD06-20G with 8cm housing. I happen to have a TD06-25G with 10cm housing and a spare 8cm housing for it. I am tempted to it on my car...but be great if you had a plot and power figure to give me an idea of what i could expect

Thanks n1gtr, I have a ton of photos but there all te previous owners pics. just waiting to give it a wash and I will get some of my own. Probly today if I find time. I'll also upload the two dyno sheets for you Roy not a problem at all champ.

Cheers again

So what a nightmare yesterday, decided we needed a oil change and a fresh set of plugs, got the oil change happening no problem, start pulling the coil packs out and boom drop the bloody washer straight down timing belt housing.

FARK!

so spent the next few hours trying to fish it out with a extendable magnet to no avail, so ended up ripping the radiator out, pulled the harmonic balancer off then the timing belt cover and there it was sitting right at the very bottom, wat as ass fark.

so what should have been a 45 minute freshen up turned into a 7 hour headache, but its all fine now and running great. Also changed out a leaking speedflow oil fitting from the turbo, all sweet now, Waiting for my rocker cover gaskets to turn up, swap thos out and degrease everything and hopefully thats al the oil leaks fixed *fingers crossed*

Will post some pics up for the LOL's

EDIT* who's farking idea was it to put a 2mb file limit farking? nothing will upload and there only iphone pictures you richard craniums! /end rant

I knew the guy that owned it before Chris. It used to be a pearl white SR Auto Club spec K's.Conversion was done around 8yrs ago. Paint code is off a VW or Volvo!! Is it still a Newcastle car?

still nsw but a few hours north now

New fittings

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

Royal Purple

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

I think its down there, realy? yeah.. FARK!

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

And those dyno sheets you wanted to see roy

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

Edited by want_33

And those dyno sheets you wanted to see roy

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

Thanks for posting! A few questions....not to pick fault or anything but to better understand the differences in the setups and what I could expect if i throw my 25G on :(

So, do you know what sized exhaust housing you are running. 8cm, 10cm ...12cm??? Looks about an 8cm, but could be 10cm as the compressor cover is a little bigger on the 25G.

Do you know what boost you were running to make that power?

Do you know what diff ratio you are running and whether the dyno runs were done on the 18s?

Finally, have you had a look and can you see what sort of ignition you are running up the top end?

At a glance it would be good to better understand the differences between our setups. I am guessing you are running less boost and ignition then me

Thanks again for posting...and sorry about all the questions

It's a 10cm housing, and at 18psi or 1.2 bar of boost. And it was done on the 18's both runs. The diff was possibly a standard r200 LSD from sr20 Silvia at the time but it ha the kaaz 2way with 32gtr diff gears I'm pretty sure? I might have that wrong I'll see if I can find out for sure.

As for the ignition I'll have to jump into the hand controller and see if I can find out for you champ. I have adjustable cam gears aswell

• 2 weeks later...

hey mate,

firstly awesome s13! i got an rb in mine as well and i was just wondering where u got ur FMIC from and if the piping was all custom. i would really prefer if there were kits out there but i havnt had much luck finding a decent quality one. some people say just get an r33 kit and it should fit with a bit of modification.

cheers

saw this car come up for sale and it was mint, congrats on the buy, will go nicely with my orange r32 which is stroked and has a tdo6 setup also lol got any links of it driving or on boost?

not sure if that will work, "filmed on private property"

Someones silvia and an 86.

Champ did you even read the info? purchased as is, sorry mate,

yts - im gonna go look for your 32 now lol

ausdutchey, harden up lol. thanks for the kind comments tho everyone

• 1 month later...

So a big thanks to NPC for an awesome clutch , Autosolutions and Restorations and Port Service Center for getting the car back together in time for the local car show, managed 246kw at 21psi with some strong wheelspin (dyno guys were a bit fresh, had alot of trouble tyeing it down for some reason) but i was pretty happy with that.

The show however was corrupt, my car was parked next to port service centers track car (weapon) and when the judges came around they mumbled under there breath that the track car was a piece of shit, then walked around my car shook there head and walked off...

bit of a disgrace really, and name and shame time, the judges were part of the local "East Coast Holdens" car club that organised the show, both of which had cars entered in the show that won trophies... hmmm

Added a few things to the wish list, Harness bar, a pair of harness's and a detach steering hub would be awesome.

post-40848-1287731178_thumb.jpg

post-40848-1287731354_thumb.jpg

waiting for the rest of the photos from the day, we ended up with about 6 cars and a motard under 3 big tents for port service center.