SAU Community

Moorooka Nissan Drive Day Friday 10th September At Qr

handbrake

time for a trailer I think

defected for the wing, low front lip and lack of passenger seats, cop was pretty good about it. he was there to stake out all the drift cars arriving for the Friday night drift session

Why the wing?

Edited by Horsey

defected for the wing, low front lip and lack of passenger seats, cop was pretty good about it. he was there to stake out all the drift cars arriving for the Friday night drift session

Thats a bugga Mark. Where was the cop?

2 0f those 3 are an easy fix. The end plate could just have another width of carbon glued or screwed to it to increase the thickness, the passenger seat is an obvious one, but the front lip may take a bit more thought.

is the lip removeable or is the whole front bar a one piece deal?

I was at QLD raceway today for the open time attack to watch. I'd never been there before. I think I'm hooked.

Can't wait to take the R35 around there.

What kind of times were the R35's doing yesterday?

It seems like 60sec is a really good time.

Today there was:

R35: I think he was new. broke early and long. (prob like what I'd do when I first start out)

GT3: Was getting some good times. His lip head butted the road during braking at the end of the straight. Scared me at first. Thought it was cogs shattering.

GT2: Arrived on a trailer. Looked fantastic. Definately got the attention of the day. Suffered from mechanical problems every 2nd lap unfortunately.

Was great fun. Was like go-karting for adults. Can't wait to go back.

Thats a bugga Mark. Where was the cop?

2 0f those 3 are an easy fix. The end plate could just have another width of carbon glued or screwed to it to increase the thickness, the passenger seat is an obvious one, but the front lip may take a bit more thought.

is the lip removeable or is the whole front bar a one piece deal?

yeah was a bit disappointing Noel. the cop was about 2 km down the road from Champions way, before that dodgy servo just where it goes from 100 t 80 km/hr.

I was pushing my luck though so not really that upset as I guess it was coming. shits me that the car is infinitely safer than the majority of cars on the road but thats the way it is. once we remove the glass and put in carbon doors we were going to be trailering it anyway so this just pushes that decision forward a few months!

I was at QLD raceway today for the open time attack to watch. I'd never been there before. I think I'm hooked.

Can't wait to take the R35 around there.

What kind of times were the R35's doing yesterday?

It seems like 60sec is a really good time.

Today there was:

R35: I think he was new. broke early and long. (prob like what I'd do when I first start out)

GT3: Was getting some good times. His lip head butted the road during braking at the end of the straight. Scared me at first. Thought it was cogs shattering.

GT2: Arrived on a trailer. Looked fantastic. Definately got the attention of the day. Suffered from mechanical problems every 2nd lap unfortunately.

Was great fun. Was like go-karting for adults. Can't wait to go back.

Richard, you should get along to the Ruzic Nissan day 28th Sept. plenty of us will be there. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/An...ay-t334877.html

As for sprint track times, I went out for a steak lunch when the sprint track was running as it was pissing down. only ran clubman (my favourite) and national.

On the sprint track, a stock R35 will do 58.5-61.

COBB stage 2 with R compound or dunlop 20 inch tyres about 57-58

second hand slicks with turbo/suspension upgrade 55's

I am hoping to get 54's next outing.

For the clubman some people would say you add about 2 seconds to your sprint track time as an estimate of what you might do. this time round I managed 57.2 on my only full run on the Clubman and I reckon there was more in there but it started raining. had brake problems (overheating) on the national circuit. I left my USB stick with the data on it in the car. I know i got a 1:18 on one of my first outings on the national so hopeful there is a 1:17 in subsequent sessions. This was the second outing I had with my second hand slicks which are shagged. cant wait to get out there with some new tyres! maybe next year.

Why was the wing defected?