SAU Community

New To Skyline Please Help

maklaw

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use my car as an daily driving and i dont want any coil over because its too stiff and hard ride.i am after comfertable shocks and spring settings.

as i read 242 pages in suspension section,most of the people saying KYB and Bliesten good choice..now i am confused which one to choose and where to buy,and how much it cost roughly..

after buying where to go for fitting...so if you adelaide guys got any information where to buy and what and where to go for fitting that will be great....thanx

here's the thing most of us Adelaide guys run coilovers well there all coilovers just after market

you dont have to get drift king spring rates get something a little softer and you'll have the ability to adjust the damper as well which KYB possibly dont let you do

there is Car Torque @ Kent Town give them a call if you want some more advice from a business

hey Madaz Thankx bro for your help,i will sure going to give them a call..so they supply and fit too...for road use what coilovers you suggesting for comfort ride..as problem in my car is....

when i bought this car,car was too low so i asked the person to lift up to legal hight and he changed the springs i think..

after few weeks now when ever am going on hump and bumpy roads sound coming from front end,its sound like spring pressing or rubbing on somthing....i dont know what to do..car's suspension making a noises now again dont know its a shocks out or spring not sitting properly..

i think i should go to pedders and check it out...any idea guys..

whats your budget for coilovers

you have ISC $1499 but i think there on special atm

HSD

TIEN - made for australian conditions (so i hear)

BC coils

and lots more but they are the main few i would recommend

obviously you then have your jap stuff

HKS

Cusco

TIEN

Nismo

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys am back lol what do you think about this quote....

A 3" catback system including mandrel bent pipe work, resonator and stainless steel muffler would set you back $980 fitted in stainless steel and $780 fitted in mildsteel..

Now my question is it ok to have cat back exhaust on turbo car...?? Thanx in advance guys..cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys am back,you guys always very helpfull.

since the day i bought my car,anyways this time.My RPM gauge going nutts,dancing like an monkey :ermm: .sometime its works fine but very next moment dancing all over the bloody place...lol any light on this issue..i checked thread's no answer's..

so back to you guys,please put some light on this issue..thanx

• 7 months later...

hey guys could you please tell me,how much water pump supply and fitting..

i checked lots of thread but cant find the fitting cost,how much time involve to fit water pump.please please reply ASAP....

thankz in advance

How about you call up one of the many workshops listed in the Workshop Thread stickied in the SA section and find out yourself? It's not that hard and seems these days people are afraid to pick up a telephone and call someone.

Might i add, searching the relevant sections in the forum as a whole to answer any further questions. Helping people is one thing, but asking for advice that is freely available and been covered numerous times gets old fast.

Your not going to find cost of parts and labor charge, as it can change regularly. Use the workshop thread and make a phone call as suggested.

thanks for the reply,but what is the harm to ask fellow skylines owner about the price/cost,as you guys know 70% mechnic are dodgy...i called couple of them....$600 for water pump replacement is right??

its a pretty big job as balancer, timing belt etc have to come out. then re-do timing.

might as well do timing belt while your at it.

and new tensioners.

heck just get a 100k serivce

hey guys,i need a your help to find out what going on with my fuel economy...as you guys mentioned about your cars and mods and fuel economy my car not even near to that,recently i bought R33 GTS-T S1 Auto.. i changed and last week done service including..oil change,transmission service,plugs change,O2 senson change,brake pads change..total cost me $1000.. but no diffrence in fuel economy and power as well...my car is 1994...do you think i need to have turbo back exhasut....and fmic and pod filter to gain some more power... i am new and dont know nothing about the skyline so please please go easy on me...guys...any help
Im getting an extra 100km out of my tank from replacing the coolant temp sensor. That helped me lots and may be worth trying for anyone that is getting poor enconomy, genuine nissan one cost me around the $100 mark from grand nissan Edited by scibidibibop

Hey guys update regarding My car's water pump problem...all solved as you guys and Lanos suggested went to one forum listed service center i.e...FOURS AND MORE...

very happy with service and price...changed timing belt,water pump,thermostat,belts,bearings,seals....car sound as new and drive well....

thanx for ur kind helps guys..keep it up good work...

Ps....bernton who owns the workshop,very friendly guy so my vote with work and with worker..