SAU Community

Licence Fine, Nsw Switched To Vic, Should I Bother Paying?

gwin

Anyone experienced this before?

Got a fine while on my NSW licence in VIC, had up to 15/8/2010 to pay the fine.

Switched to VIC licence on the 6/8/2010 succesfully

Is this attached to my NSW licence, so should I even bother paying?

if you don't they will chase you

points dont carry over though unless it's changed recently.

I am pretty sure the points carry over when I got pulled over last year in nsw on a qld liscense.

Do you think the bureacracy will just forget you if you forget them? gutsy move !

My mate moved from QLD to VIC... and got a fine down there on qld plates also.. changed over to VIC plates before the fine came.. he didnt end up paying.. cause the fine came up here and he wasnt living here anymore.. kept sending letters adding on cost and threat of action.. dunno if they ended up finding him (in which he would claim not to know being at a different address) but i dunno if that will work..

I'd pay the fine as it's not worth hassle, etc whn they eventually trace it down.. All the higher fines, etc will stay in place.. In QLD they are suspending people's licence from unpaid fines 10+ years ago LOL.. you broke the law, just pay the fine..

My mate moved from QLD to VIC... and got a fine down there on qld plates also.. changed over to VIC plates before the fine came.. he didnt end up paying.. cause the fine came up here and he wasnt living here anymore.. kept sending letters adding on cost and threat of action.. dunno if they ended up finding him (in which he would claim not to know being at a different address) but i dunno if that will work..

I'd pay the fine as it's not worth hassle, etc whn they eventually trace it down.. All the higher fines, etc will stay in place.. In QLD they are suspending people's licence from unpaid fines 10+ years ago LOL.. you broke the law, just pay the fine..

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Just imagine if you were fined under sec 49 sub section 3 of the Trade practises Act and claimed you didnt know about it , expecting to get off. Good luck on that one.

I am pretty sure the points carry over when I got pulled over last year in nsw on a qld liscense.

Do you think the bureacracy will just forget you if you forget them? gutsy move !

I've plenty of mates in defence, they've rarely paid a fine and had the points added, it happens sometimes for whatever reason but its rare and they purposfully have licences in different states etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though you incurred the fine on your NSW licence whilst in VIC, and now you have a VIC licence, if you don't pay it you will be chased and possibly have your VIC licence placed under a fines suspension. So in other words, don't be a tool and pay it :)