SAU Community

Doing a manual conversion

I CANT GET THE SPIGOT BUSH OUT!!! F**KIN PIECE OF SH*T.

Sorry, calming down. been trying to get the bush out all day....literally. Its not working. It may as well be welded in there.

tried grease...failed...very much failed. all i got was grease in my eyes and hair.

Tried wet paper...don't ask

Tried puller...still isn't coming out...hasn't even moved.

Can i just leave the auto one in there? hit it with a bigger hammer? stab it with a knife? shoot it with a gun?

Anyone with a smart idea on how to handle this situation....let me know..please. because Im going crazy.

I don't know what the auto spigot is like but when I replaced my manual spigot bush I just wound a big thread cutting tap into it until it bit and spun it then ripped the sucker out.

Doing a manual conversion

I CANT GET THE SPIGOT BUSH OUT!!! F**KIN PIECE OF SH*T.

Sorry, calming down. been trying to get the bush out all day....literally. Its not working. It may as well be welded in there.

tried grease...failed...very much failed. all i got was grease in my eyes and hair.

Tried wet paper...don't ask

Tried puller...still isn't coming out...hasn't even moved.

Can i just leave the auto one in there? hit it with a bigger hammer? stab it with a knife? shoot it with a gun?

Anyone with a smart idea on how to handle this situation....let me know..please. because Im going crazy.

Hey mate. I took mine out last weekend. It took me a while. But I got a puller and pulled it out. If that fails there is a post

on how to remove it. They said to use a 16mm bit of dowl aprox 1mtr long fill it with greese and hit it.

However i found the puller very effective

Goodluck

we just use plasticine, the cheap play-dough like stuff. pack the hole full of it, then get a bolt big enough in diameter to take up the whole space (but still not touch the sides) then hit the bolt in there lightly with a hammer and it comes out piece of cake. you have to keep filling the hole with more plasticine as the bush comes out

Die grind the bastard! For the grease method to work the bar needs to fit in the bush really neatly so when you fill the hole with grease and hit the bar it acts like a hydraulic ram forcing the bush out.

Edited by Dobz