SAU Community

ARC Intercoolers and where to buy them

Hi, I've been looking for a cooler for my R34 GT-T for the past couple of months now and it seems that the pick of the bunch is the ARC cooler kit. Very light weight and thier construction is excellent. Only problem is finding a resonably priced one is harder. The best price I've come across so far is $1950 shipped to Melb which I think is quite good.

Does anyone else run ARC coolers and what are thier views?

Does anyone know of a dealer or website that I could get a nicely priced unit form? Cheers guys.

Can I ask Adz, why you are doing it? It's just that a few people have told me that I don't need to do it with a 34 so early in the modding cycle (if such a term exists!).

What have you done to it so far?

I remember when you got it I think, so I'm guessing we are at a similar point unless you had some stuff already done when you got it.

Abo bob - Well as far as engine mods go I have a Power FC, AVC-r, 3" FrontDump and a high-flow Cat so next item is a cooler so I can up the boost. It will also provide better cooling for a future turbine upgrade. I've heard the stock coolers are quite good but I'd prefer not to risk it personaly.

Blitz - They only have one model which wont suite the ER34 and it's $2400+

You have been a busy boy ;)

What front/dump did you get and how much did it cost? I haven't done that yet.

Whoops, bit off topic. Sorry. I'm trying to procure as much info as possible out of GTT owners to help myself as well as the next people through the door. It would be so much easier, information wise, to own a 33.

We have some r34 arc coolers in stock at BMT. Just go to 1/factory 7 Culverlands Street, West Heildelberg. Ask for Andrew and he'll give you a better deal, just tell him you spoke to Damian. Should be able to do better than 1750. Youre talking about the arc cooler kit that fits where the factory one is right??? not the front mount one.

We Can Have That Ordered , But The Tope Of The Range One (103mm) Is Very Dear. You Looking Around 3500aud Easy. Better Off Getting The 70mm One Which Is Around 2500aud. We Have A The One That Bolts Into The Factory Position Which Is About 1650aud Fitted Which We Have In Stock

Hey Damian,

It's Eugene, the guy who came down and picked up your body parts and cf bonnet. How's the S15 going? The cf bonnet on my car looks great.

Thanks for the deal. Pleasure to do business with you.

Here's a pic.

018.jpg

Sorry to hijack this post.

HAHAHA hey eugene, glad you like it. Nice plates. Let me know if you need anything as far as parts ok? I have a bolt on turbo and stainless mainfold (brand new) 450HP roller garrett kit FS. Let me know if you interested - Ive only got two kits in stock. very cheap (under 2200 including manifold).

BMT - Arc have no replacment kit for a stock cooler on an ER34. The price I have is for a 70mm Front mount kit in Australia not imported through a web-site, I was quoted buy you a while ago, think it was round $2200ish, No offence but you prices are far to expensive... :P

mmmm that nice to know adz, glad you know ARC so well, Pity you are so ill informed about their product line and rely on their website for reference. If you come to my shop you will see that ARC do in fact make a standard position cooler kit for a r34gtt. Keep shopping around bro, but if you can find a 70mm fmic kit for your gtt that includes fitting/installation and a tune on the dyno under 2500.........please let me know. Obviously you know heaps more than me about pricing/tax/freight/logistics, maybe i might get you to run the show at BMT Motorsports. Cheers. have a great day.

Guys, can we stop whoring please, its a simple question about an intercooler.

Damian, if your advertising your prices in the general forum, I think you should expect that people may comment on them. Adam wasn't clear in which IC he was after but did say he wanted the 'kit' which I beleive has the cooler (260 x 600 x 70) and piping, not the factory replacement cooler.

Anyway back on topic... any more luck Adam or $1950 still your best quote?

Look like I said no offence was intended but weather they make a kit for the original position is really of no importance for me. I have been quoted $1795 for a front mount cooler kit. I have in fact been by your shop many times and it was your shop I first saw the kit at so I do in fact know what I’m talking about, thanks for the concern