SAU Community

Nitto?

yogibear

Ha Ha ...please point out exactly why CP are shit & nitto are so fcking wonderful.

btw.. just a bit of trivia, barry calvert founder of CP pistons worked for JE for many moons before leaving and starting his own company with his brother.

And guess who makes nitto pistons..yep JE. (yes they are a lower silicon content 2618 alloy like mahle's compared to a 4032 used by cp & others)

I sure would like to hear what you think of carrillo or pankl rods too compared to the nitto items ??

Im not saying nitto is bad at all, in fact i plan on using it soon..but its not the worlds best shit either compared to other great products you say are so shithouse.

This nitto hype is too funny. :D

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have nitto forged pistons and rods going into my 2630 :Di compared them to the cp shit (and i mean shit) and they r way f**king better and hold heaps more power. the rods even have this little channel drilled thru them to get oil thru coz the rb30s dont come with them from the factory.

My god you talk a lot of garbage, can't wait to hear your justification for such comments.

^^ what stroke will these be available in ?...4340 ?

Can a crank be had without the rods ?...I have some Ti pankl rods coming soon.

77.7mm 4340 full counter, knife edge but no rods about $3150

may do a group buy if there is interest.

only have one spare kit in-coming and im not keen to split, wait is not long though.

Great for me because I have to run stock weight, but its just overhead and overkill for 95% of people.

Surely the lighter the better? Why do you have to run stock weight?

Edited by Rolls

Surely the lighter the better? Why do you have to run stock weight?

Because it's in the regulations I assume, if he could run lighter rotating components this would obviously have a beneficial outcome in the way the engine produces torque and power.

no, they measure bore, stroke, head height, deck height, combustion chamber cc, cam duration and weight of roundy roundy bits before assembly, then watch assembly, then seal sump to block with 2 seals, and cam covers to head with 2 seals each.

how much is a bit of lock wire and a seal tool :)

jks

we used to race with a guy in 125cc and he used to kane us week after week (for 2 years) and about a year after we gave up he confessed to running a 165cc big bore kit.....

i have a few billet full counter kits landing soon at around 3950 (crank and rods) just missing the branding on the boxes :D

Will drop into a RB25DET?

Also what pistons will need to be purchased to suit?

• 3 weeks later...

Wow,

Lol the lack of thinking of some people these days..it scares me! And to think he is behind the wheel of a car aswell!

CP Pistons are shit? Crap i better go let a rb30/26 owner know that his 1154rwhp engine has crap pistons in it :P

Same goes for a bunch of well known GTR's and i should also call Titan and let them know that all there 2000hp supra race engines are shit aswell :D

Lol next thing you know, someone will tell me that HKS and Jun are made in Taiwan,

If you have a 1500hp engine goal, you don't use a set of forged pistons designed for a 800hp engine.

You get a set of pistons made to suit that application so you get the absolute best out of your engine combination and the pistons.

You open yourself up to various materials, Billet pistons, lightened pistons, thicker pin bosses, x-forgings, lateral gas ports, anti detonation grooves, anodizing ring grooves, skirts coatings, custom ring sets theres so much that can be done to a set of pistons.

P.S: Nitto is a great brand and has some quality products! Trent wouldn't sell and promote a product if it couldn't live up to his expectations.

Cheers Pete

Edited by BOOSTA

yogibear - call crd & ask for jim (owner) he has a great story to tell about his nitto oil pump & hence why i also use nitto...all i will say is that their oil pump can chew cast iron block bits & that wont even stop the damn thing :P

how is 'boo-boo' these days? man i miss those old classic cartoons