SAU Community

My R33 Gtr Daily / Build-up Thread

Pity I just bined a non hecktic cluster for a 33, so non hecktic that the tacho always read 0.

New/second hand NISMO one cost me $600ish, Nissan owes us man.

At least now the car has been reborn from a 198 000k old hack into a 42 000k hardly driven example (except for the 2000 000k,s of wear and tear of course).

PS Your car looks sweet man, make sure you got good security for it, there is lots of scum around.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh I got a viper alarm installed the first week I owned it :thumbsup:

Yeh the nismo ones are expensive as balls.. but at the same time would be good to know what speed I'm doing after 180 for braking etc on track.

Might just fork out and buy a new nismo white cluster.. although I dislike the green lights. Maybe I'll have to keep my eye out on ebay.

DO IT, you can change the lights at the back, I had to remove the hicas light and the airbag light, easy as.

And yes, its no good flying down the straight and not having any idea how fast your going, need that sh1t for the pub bragging rights.

Brilliant looking car man. Big thumbs up for spraying the front lip black. IMO the white needs to be broken up. My car is a S3.... and has a S2 lip on it :thumbsup:

Question with the wheels. Did you have to roll the guard at all? I got 19 X 9.5 + 12 TE's on mine and my rears rub a bee's penis.

Leigh,

Your GTR looked brilliantly when I saw it last week. Was umm and ahhing about these ROTAs before I grabbed my AVS Model T5.

Grab Nismo 320km/h combination meter, they do come in black but can't remember what colour the lights are.

Keep up the good work mate.

Cheers

Grant

DO IT, you can change the lights at the back, I had to remove the hicas light and the airbag light, easy as.

And yes, its no good flying down the straight and not having any idea how fast your going, need that sh1t for the pub bragging rights.

Haha its very tempting.. isn't many places that sell them now days so might have to look second hand.

And yeh I know the lights are easy to change but as far as I know the green actually comes from the gauge part, and that theres actually white lights behind it anyways, not 100% on this though.

Brilliant looking car man. Big thumbs up for spraying the front lip black. IMO the white needs to be broken up. My car is a S3.... and has a S2 lip on it :ermm:

Question with the wheels. Did you have to roll the guard at all? I got 19 X 9.5 + 12 TE's on mine and my rears rub a bee's penis.

Thanks man :(, regarding the wheels there was no modification needed, although every now and then the front will hit the guard when turning up and around a hill (going up driveways mainly) but nothing too serious at all.

Leigh,

Your GTR looked brilliantly when I saw it last week. Was umm and ahhing about these ROTAs before I grabbed my AVS Model T5.

Grab Nismo 320km/h combination meter, they do come in black but can't remember what colour the lights are.

Keep up the good work mate.

Cheers

Grant

Cheers mate, yeh I liked the rims on your car I always wanted some of those for my other 33 but never got around to it and saved my moneys for the GTR haha

Seems like a lot of votes for the Nismo 320km/h cluster now where can I get one from at a decent price? :thumbsup: cheapest I've seen new is like $770, and cheapest second hand is like $500

The $770 was just for the cluster, not the centre gauges as well.

On another note, with the new exhaust on she likes poppin flames at high revs :P never had a car do that for me yet haha (not looking forward to the black rear bar) what do you guys think about exhaust shroud? opinions?

Jay ended up doing it for $350, including the 'high flow' cat. The work that Jay did was fantastic at a great price very happy, I always go to him for exhausts.

I might order some mirrors / canards / exhaust shroud in carbon fiber I got paid the other day what you guys think? or a bit much for a street car?

Keeping an eye on this thread - Looking forward to your build up as our cars are going to be really similar in the end I think :P

Cars looking awesome though - I've custom made an exhaust shroud with some 3M carbon fiber vinyl which I thought came up ok. I prefer it this way as there's a whole lot less surface area to polish over + it looks so much more aggressive. Not to everyone's taste though. Even though it ads character it just looks a bit messy IMO without one and I'm a bit of a neat freak. Shouldn't have gotten white haha.

post-2240-1284260561_thumb.jpg

Exhaust flamage FTW though - I've got my cat back and erhmm de-cat and theres some aggressive popping to be had. Not sure about flames though haha but man they run rich standard.

Haha yeh our cars look very similar, I think I might give the exhaust shroud a go if I dont like it can always end up selling / taking it off, anyone know any cheaper places other then rhdjapan.com for some auto select canards? $530 bucks :P and mirrors ontop of that is another $500+ which like I said above could be going toward turbos haha

^^^ Well said, it's a waste of time.

Spend the money on going faster. If you want flames, get the ecu setup that way. Personally I think that's quite stupid, it wrecks the bar and is a constant pain to keep clean

^^^ Well said, it's a waste of time.

Spend the money on going faster. If you want flames, get the ecu setup that way. Personally I think that's quite stupid, it wrecks the bar and is a constant pain to keep clean

flames are also like having a huge "DEFECT ME!!!!!!!" sticker on your back window

flames are also like having a huge "DEFECT ME!!!!!!!" sticker on your back window

i thought the 4 stove tops already had that covered :D

i reckon constant elbow grease > exhaust shroud if you insist on running a decat

Haha true true I think its time for some go-fast parts :P cant be bothered spending $1k + on some small carbon exterior bits thats like a turbo :)

Speaking of which look what I got in the mail :):

61276_427277583778_548178778_5141297_6026901_n.jpg

58615_427277613778_548178778_5141298_3031542_n.jpg

58615_427277618778_548178778_5141299_6220490_n.jpg

I was being followed by a mate in his Lexus when I overtook a slow moving car... I gave it more of a boot than I really needed and as I jumped back off the gas a big flame/smoke cloud shot out... I didn't realise but a cop car was behind my mate... what happened? My mate got pulled over... lol... when the cop came to his door to RBT him he actually says to the guy what about the Skyline shooting the flame ball, why didn't you pull him over... cop just replied 'you were closer'... gotta love laziness hahaha

hahaha thats similar to when I got pulled over when i was driving behind Kris's car, I asked him why you pick me? said the same thing that I was closer.

On another note not sure as to when the next update will be on this build as might be leaving my job soon so need to figure out my priorities first, might just get a tune with cam gears / PFC and leave turbos for another time.