SAU Community

Texi, Skids On Sunday, 28th November 2010

N1GTR

hey aggroman, after seeing the wrap-up thread from the last Texi day how many tyres did you go through? I want to make sure i bring enough lol

umm i went through 2 sets down well into the belts but im stupid :blink:

as long as you bring 1 set with decent tread and dont run the pressure too high it should last

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm i went through 2 sets down well into the belts but im stupid :ermm:

as long as you bring 1 set with decent tread and dont run the pressure too high it should last

i get pretty excited at times so will make sure to bring backups lol

Just wandering if I need a fire extinguiser and does it have to be bolted down in the car? I didnt have one for September Texi, but this time round the forms got mention of fire extinguisher

It's pretty easy to install a fire extinguisher, just follow these simple step by step instructions :banana:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&p=4963976

I just got one from bunnings which has the holding bracket .. removed one of the backseat bolts (behind passenger seat) and put another bolt with a flat head through the bracket. Yes, one bolt is plenty ..there's no chance that thing could ever let go I've tested it :P

Anyone got a spare helmet for salezor ? I need one for a mate

btw paid just then and also sent entry form to the hotmail email ..

STILL DONT HAVE MAH AASA LICENCE!!! I paid $50 on the day at last texi and was told it'd arrive in the mail. I have a suspicious feeling it never got sent off or payment recorded because I paid like $120 (was $60 for texi for non member and $50 for licence) and even had to chase up my change after I was done as the guy that took my money in the morning wasn't even there rest of the day from what I could see (I rocked up early with a mate .. black R34 GTT with the creme interior)

In any case, I dont wanna pay for the licence again so could someone please look into this for me Cheers

I just got one from bunnings which has the holding bracket .. removed one of the backseat bolts (behind passenger seat) and put another bolt with a flat head through the bracket. Yes, one bolt is plenty ..there's no chance that thing could ever let go I've tested it :P

Anyone got a spare helmet for salezor ? I need one for a mate

There should be a fair few people there on the day who'll be nice enough to lend you a helmet... failing that there's some good cheap ones on eBay (i think i posted the link in here, not sure)

btw paid just then and also sent entry form to the hotmail email ..

STILL DONT HAVE MAH AASA LICENCE!!! I paid $50 on the day at last texi and was told it'd arrive in the mail. I have a suspicious feeling it never got sent off or payment recorded because I paid like $120 (was $60 for texi for non member and $50 for licence) and even had to chase up my change after I was done as the guy that took my money in the morning wasn't even there rest of the day from what I could see (I rocked up early with a mate .. black R34 GTT with the creme interior)

In any case, I dont wanna pay for the licence again so could someone please look into this for me Cheers

The payment is not an issue. But as its been said already, every form we have filled out for licences gets sent to AASA or CAMS (depending on what licence the person wanted).

Me calling AASA to chase your licence wont do much as im not the applicant, they will just tell me to get the applicant to call (as mentioned before by DRDOOF). However, if it will make you feel better, ill make a call tomorrow. Ill need your full name, address and phone number before i can do that, please PM those things to me. Thanks. :P

Also I havent heard from any organisers about helping out yet, help not needed anymore?

Sorry i didnt see you offering, help is ALWAYS wanted!

Come say Hi at the drivers brief :D

If they havnt got it, the best thing to do is to fill one out and send to them straight away, then call them up to check they got it, then PM me if they don't have payment and the club will send a cheque.

If there's anything else they want just let me know

New SAU:NSW - We've got GoPro HD's for Rent!

The club now has 3 GoPro's to rent out at our club events.

Price to rent for the whole day $35 + $5 xfer and mailing video on DVD to you.

You can bring your own laptop or USB Stick to transfer the files there to get the video immediately and save the $5 fee.

$5 is also waived if you buy the Photo DVD too. I can just mail the DVD's to you at the same time.

You'll get to use the GoPro HD with a 16 gig card (no, you don't get to keep the card silly!).

The battery will be fully charged and should get between 1.5 - 2.5 hrs. Plenty of recording for a Texi.

The 16 gig card will store over two hours of video.

The GoPro HD is a miniture action cam that takes video in 1280 x 720 @ 60 FPS. It is also extra wide angle (170 degrees) so you can

get all that sense of speed or see the whole inside of your car while you drive.

Of course since we only have three - first in and best dressed. PM me and I'll take the reservations and alternates, bring cash on the day.

I will give you some guidelines on where you can mount the GoPro with some photographs from the camera in differient locations.

It will have a suction cup mount so it has to be on a smooth clean surface.

Excellent, Just ordered one of those hemets mentioned above :P also picked up a set of stock steel rims with brand new 205/55/R15's for $150 for all 4. Bargain. Im all set. Excited much!

I'm going to guess Magna steelies?