SAU Community

Built Rb26 Turbo Selection For Drift

Goodfellas

Hey guys I am in the process of getting everything together for my 26 conversion into my s13. This will be a dedicated drift car so I am chasing response over outright power. But I am really keen to go single, as everything is a very tight fit in my bay as I have tubs etc. So if anyone could help with some advice of:

Turbo and Manifold choice

Loose Power Figures

I currently have

R33 block

Block decked, honed, bored, chemically cleaned

Shotpeened rods

ARP rod bolts

ACL forged pistons 20 thou over

Mahle rings

King bearings

Ported and Polished head

Reground cams

ARP head studs

Permaseal head gasket

Custom 7L RWD sump

Sard 700cc injectors

NGK plugs

Tomei oil restrictor

N1 oil pump

Thanks in advance

Edited by Goodfellas

What is your abilty?

as size is dependant on driver quality and chasis setup... the more you progress the more and more grip you chase in the rear (many of us run semis on the rear 265-285) in size end so obviously you need more power to turn them.

For entry level to mid i recommend GT3076 (with the larger rear) or a 10cm T67 is also a killer drift setup for RB26 (i had a few T3 versions around for about $1200)

for mid to high level i recommend Gt3540 or equivalent (we run the blitz K5 which performs better but cost twice as much)

post-34927-1283908198_thumb.jpg

Well I would say I am entry to mid level, my chassis has tubs, removable rad support, full seam welded, and full bolt in cage. Suspension set up is JIC coilovers,adjustable everything blah blah blah... So t67 25g 10cm rear??? thats kinda what i had in mind, any others????

have you actually run one of these turboes?

looks to cheap to be true

yeah 3 or 4 now. I tried one myself for a while before letting a few of my customers buy one off ebay.

Trent, Can we please have some dynographs on this turbo? That would be fantastic!

Also, what is the response of this turbo comparable to?

I am currenlty building up a street RB25 with all the fruit to run between 270-300rwkw and I just might be in the market for a new turbo.... :D

Will be runnig forged bottem end, mildly ported head with upgraded springs, poncams, front facing plenum,haltech platinum ecu etc, etc.

I have a VG30 turbo i was planning on getting highflowed but this looks like a gret option also.

Define "smilar spool" :(

Larger rear housing, larger turbo comp side, that combination dont usually make for 'similar' by my definition :D

I know this, sounds a bit strange but it is honestly the reality - I think the twin scroll setup makes up for a lot of it. The twin scroll GT3582R cars I've been in are honestly feel too good to be true, the guys I know who have gone from single entry to twin scroll GT35 setups have improved spool by around 500rpm (pretty much the difference between an equivalent GT30R and GT35R) and make more midrange torque for an equivalent boost level.

I haven't been in a Skyline with a TS GT35R *yet* but given they are a 6, the gains are only going to be at least as good as the 4cyl ones I've been in. From the cars I've experienced I'd expect 1bar before 4000rpm on an RB25 with good manifolding, and heaps of midrange. Naturally the TS setup on a GT3076R would be better again, but I'd say ridiculous on an RB26.

Think of it this way, twin GT2860-5s have the combined equivalent "wheel" surface area of a T04Z... which spools better?

Trent, Can we please have some dynographs on this turbo? That would be fantastic!

Also, what is the response of this turbo comparable to?

I am currenlty building up a street RB25 with all the fruit to run between 270-300rwkw and I just might be in the market for a new turbo.... :happy:

Will be runnig forged bottem end, mildly ported head with upgraded springs, poncams, front facing plenum,haltech platinum ecu etc, etc.

I have a VG30 turbo i was planning on getting highflowed but this looks like a gret option also.

will do, away till monday.

• 5 weeks later...
will do, away till monday.

Oh wow! I totally forgot about this thread.

I have ditched the high flow option and I am in the market for either a HKS GT3037 pro s or MHI T67 10cm.

I thought I might as well considering I'm pretty much going all out on the long motor.

Any thoughts or Dyno read outs of either of these turbo's on RB25 would be awesome, thanks Trent.