SAU Community

L28 With Rb30 Ecu And Loom

432-r

I have a L28 efi and was thinking of trying to install a RB30e ecu so i can get a nistune.

Has anyone done such a thing? i.e. RB30e loom and ecu with L28 EFI manifold.

With this i was thinking of going turbo which brngs me to my next question - what to do on the distributor front. Since it would have RB30e ecu and loom was thinking RB30e afm and somehow getting the RB30e dizzy and coils to work. a shoehorn may be required.

anyway anyone who has dabbled with the RB stuff on a L series any help would be much appreciated.

Scorcher in melbourne can buld a custom dissy, basically grafting the RB30e dissy onto the L series shaft and mounts. perfect.

other solution is to source a L28et dissy, which has the optical chopper wheel CAS in it. prety much he same thingas the RB but half the price.

I got one here, but Im not letting go for any less than $300.

I didhave a RB30e ecu running my practice L24e but it would only just idle. i didnt put too much effort into it as I got a Wolf 3d

For a few hundred more you could go Megasquirt II, with EDIS

http://noddle.110mb.com/EDIS/index.html

Nigel

thanks for the reply's. i am aware of the megasquirt option but was thinking along the lines of nistune if possible. If the RB30e ecu can be reflashed then why not?

Would megasquirt be a better option?

Also is there a difference between L24E injection manifold and L28E?

thanks for the reply's. i am aware of the megasquirt option but was thinking along the lines of nistune if possible. If the RB30e ecu can be reflashed then why not?

Would megasquirt be a better option?

Also is there a difference between L24E injection manifold and L28E?

I like Megasquirt, a bit of a learning curve to start with, but now there is some very nice "on the fly" tuning software that will tune while you drive.

( http://www.efianalytics.com/TunerStudio/download )

L24E manifold will bolt onto a L28E, and L28 will bolt onto a L24

some heads don't have the larger bolt hole in the head. (early L24 / L26 , I believe )

Nigel

I like Megasquirt, a bit of a learning curve to start with, but now there is some very nice "on the fly" tuning software that will tune while you drive.

( http://www.efianalytics.com/TunerStudio/download )

L24E manifold will bolt onto a L28E, and L28 will bolt onto a L24

some heads don't have the larger bolt hole in the head. (early L24 / L26 , I believe )

Nigel

After talking to many people on this one it looks like it is a bog hassle to work through the RB30E business so i am leaning on standalone, or megasquirt. once i have found out more i will revisit this. Wolf 3D v4 sounds quite good for what you get so far.

I did want to go megasquirt, but the lack of actual workshop support put me off.

True.

but if it's not your daily driver, then you dont have the pressure to get it going over a weekend,

lots or reading, but in the end, I'm very happy with it, and I can say, I did it myself.

Nigel