SAU Community

Tomei Poncams Type B In Rb26dett From Bnr32

sanekecr

• 3 weeks later...
HI! I want to install Tomei poncams 260\9.15 on mine rb26dett (r32). the motor completely the standard. What is required for correct work of the motor? Describe please all process in detail.

Take it to a mechanic....

They are designed as 'drop in' camshafts. There are no other parts required to do the job.

I would suggest replacing the timing belt and installing adjustable cam gears (if you want to go that way) as the same time. If your going the replace the cam belt, replace the idler pulley and the rocker cover seals.

Justin

Take it to a mechanic....

They are designed as 'drop in' camshafts. There are no other parts required to do the job.

I would suggest replacing the timing belt and installing adjustable cam gears (if you want to go that way) as the same time. If your going the replace the cam belt, replace the idler pulley and the rocker cover seals.

Justin

Yes there are. You need to re shim the valve train to get the clearances right. So at minimum you need spare shims for that.

Also, if the motor is standard you are wasting your time installing type B Poncams as it won't improve performance in any meaningful way, just reduce midrange torque. If you must change cams the type A are a far better bet.

Edited by djr81

And a lil tip I learnt on Wednesday nite when I was on the dyno, set the zorst timing to 0 don't advance it or it will b laggy as

The exhaust cam on the Tomei's actually opens at 65 BBDC - the same as the stocker.

Actually the difference between the A & the B's is all in the exhaust cam - it has an extra 8 degrees duration on the B, ie 260 rather than 252.

Edited by djr81

The exhaust cam on the Tomei's actually opens at 65 BBDC - the same as the stocker.

Actually the difference between the A & the B's is all in the exhaust cam - it has an extra 8 degrees duration on the B, ie 260 rather than 252.

That would make perfect sense. When i tuned deano1s GTR on wednesday Pulse had the cam timing all wacked. Inlet Was retarted Nd exhaust advanced. We set it all to 0 and made and extra 25kw and gained 60kw in the midrange.

Full boost was 5500 and now its 4300. 19psi.

That would make perfect sense. When i tuned deano1s GTR on wednesday Pulse had the cam timing all wacked. Inlet Was retarted Nd exhaust advanced. We set it all to 0 and made and extra 25kw and gained 60kw in the midrange.

Full boost was 5500 and now its 4300. 19psi.

what turbo is deano1 running?? worthwile mod for gtr running gt-ss pushing 300rwkw?

what turbo is deano1 running?? worthwile mod for gtr running gt-ss pushing 300rwkw?

Deano 1 is running his stock N1 turbos. Steel wheel obviously.

People have made lots of power on stock cams. I think close to 600hp. But with big ass turbo's.

My car has the same turbos as deano s but with stock cams, mine is more responsive but doeant have the top end as deanos.

My car made 285rwkw

deanos made 300.2kw

How much boost? Im making 280rwkw, factory cams with GT-SS's on i think 16psi

Deanos is on 18.4psi 11.2afr.

Mine is on 18psi 11.2 afr. Both have really safe ignition. And as u can see reqlly safe afrs