SAU Community

Rb25det With Gt47?

spooledup

That is a massive turbo, if your going something that big you should either know what you are doing or be taking the advice of a GOOD mechanic.

No offense intended mate, but this sort of question is not one that needs to be asked... You are looking at a turbo capable of over 1000HP.. Which in turn will be a $xx000 engine setup. Note both numbers are missing, meaning I dare not assume it will be under 20 or even 30.

Just to put things into perspective, a 35R can run a 10. So the question is, what do you hope to do with a GT47?

Don't take on a setup like this unless you have $50,000 to spend. This $50k can be spent two ways:

1. Really good setup with all the correct parts and advice and you'll do 9's all day. You won't crack 8's because you need the chassis set up properly and the cost doubles

2. Buy all the cheap shit parts around to get it to work and spend $50k fixing your setup for every time it breaks

take a look at the mercury motorsport nitto, it has a GT47 on a built 2.7l RB26, can only imagine its a LOT more work to get it performing on a 25.

There is no reason why it wont go on a RB25, but for it to work effeciently is a whole different story

Edited by jangles

take a look at the mercury motorsport nitto, it has a GT47 on a built 2.7l RB26, can only imagine its a LOT more work to get it performing on a 25.

There is no reason why it wont go on a RB25, but for it to work effeciently is a whole different story

Yup thats what I was going to say, talk to mercury motorsport. I believe they use nos to reduce the lag, plus a fully designed setup with lots of experience in big power cars.

Yup thats what I was going to say, talk to mercury motorsport. I believe they use nos to reduce the lag, plus a fully designed setup with lots of experience in big power cars.

No reducing the lag on a GT4788. But if anyone would know about bolting a stupidly big turbo onto a RB trent would be the guy to talk too.