SAU Community

M35 Dump Pipes Again

Angus Smart

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ATM!!!!.....you've only just bought this car though....my wife never winged before this car either!....lol....and yes as Aaron said LB!

u dont know wanna know how much ive spent on my mazda 808 wagon thats still sitting in the garage....... still preping it for paint atm then it'll be almost ready!!!

ive delt with the fact that i spend heeps of money on cars, thats why i drove a sh!tbox VT bombidore for 6 years cos i knew i would never have the erge to mod it but alas ive finally circum to my lust of the stagea ive had for the last 3 years and took the leep and bought one.

Whats funny is after getting my car tuned, my wife doesn't bat an eye when I hit it in 2nd gear....

Just keeps on doing her make up lol :whistling:

I suppose thats a good thing :ninja:

yeh even Cihan said your car goes like a rocket.

must witness this thing.. i think times getting closer for another cruz :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

replacing the dump pipe is a bitch......... couldnt get to the top 3 bolts

i read some of you dropped the gearbox to get access???

the universal joint on the extention wasnt helping at all so im gonna try and get a kingchrome ball joint and see how i go..... that should work better for the bolt closest to the gearbox but there's no room beside the rail/skirt/firewall to get one in and havent even tryed the middle bolt............. do you have to remove the oxygen sensor before or after the dump pipe is off.

im guessing if i drop the gearbox about an inch that should give me better access ???

cheers, Theo.

im guessing if i drop the gearbox about an inch that should give me better access ???

Thats how we did it, still not an 'easy' job but doable.

Thats how we did it, still not an 'easy' job but doable.

so if i put a jack under the gearbox and totally undo all 4 x'member bolts or ya dont go asfar as pulling the entire bolts out ???

undo em completely.. when your lowering the box just keep an eye on the atteza pump line at the back of the box...

We did it on a hoist, so we had a support directly under the gearbox, undid the cross member and then just raised up the car slowly; but yeah - same principle (in reverse) I guess :thumbsup:

Haha, I told you to call. :)

Drop the Attesa line and the 4 cross member bolts then lower the box nearly all the way, it can come down quite a few inches. Undo the o2 first. A universal on two long extensions with a half inch breaker works well on the nuts, and plenty of wd40.

You may need to trim a bit off the two lower studs if they are too long, and don't over tighten the nuts too much doing them back up. I usually run an M10 x 1.25 tap through the nuts just to clean them up first.

dont forget to remove the tailshaft from the back of the gearbox. also undo the first attesa line mount. it will give you a little more room to drop the back of the trans down. also pop the bonnet as the motor will move a bit and i dont know how much clearance is under there

alrighty then i'll drop the tailshaft and box tomorrow and it should be sweet...... i just didnt want to play around with it cos reading through this post people had said they done it without dropping it :domokun:

i sorta cracked the sh!ts when i could only turn the bolt 1/6th of a turn each time :down:

ahwell got my throttle body cleaned out tho :D

dont forget to remove the tailshaft from the back of the gearbox. also undo the first attesa line mount. it will give you a little more room to drop the back of the trans down. also pop the bonnet as the motor will move a bit and i dont know how much clearance is under there

I have never touched the tailshaft mate. Easier?

im gonna get myself one of these....................... went to every carjoint to find one but they only sold them in socket set packs and wasnt gonna waste $300 just for that so gonna try a toolshop tomorrow

damn them for not being open on a sunday LOL

the standard uni joint seems to bind up cos of the harsh angle and they dont sell them with the spring around them anymore FFS

!CEbG4C!CGk~$(KGrHqUOKiME0ovYh)+hBNR0VN1I4g~~0_1.JPG

Wont work, too big to get in there. (or my sidchrome one is anyway) The universal works well, perhaps it is just loose? Sometimes they bind, (especially when old) just move it 1/4 turn and go again.

If you run a tap through the nuts they just spin on so its easier next time.

Don't let it beat you mate.

I have never touched the tailshaft mate. Easier?

it doesnt let the trans move down as far while its still conencted. i think we dropped andys around 6-8 inches. with a uni joint and a big ass breaker bar, we got the top nuts off easily.