SAU Community

Sa Hardtuned Charity Cruise

Lil Miss 32

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason behind the ribbon is so all the other police know that you are part of the charity cruise and will leave you alone, unless you drive like an idiot.

We did the same thing for my NS Lobethal lights cruise and it worked well (3 Silver stars at the top of each cars windscreen).

I've been working with Task force Diagonal for the past 1.5-2 years to bring it to the point were SAPOL leave us alone on all my cruises... and that's the way it happens at each & every one now.

The reason behind the ribbon is so all the other police know that you are part of the charity cruise and will leave you alone, unless you drive like an idiot.

We did the same thing for my NS Lobethal lights cruise and it worked well (3 Silver stars at the top of each cars windscreen).

I've been working with Task force Diagonal for the past 1.5-2 years to bring it to the point were SAPOL leave us alone on all my cruises... and that's the way it happens at each & every one now.

This does seem to work, I've been on a few on Tom's cruises and SAPOL do leave us alone. For example Tom's last cruise SAPOL did rock up, and just said that they knew about the cruise and just left.

So what have you been "working" on really with the Task force??? care to please elaborate??? would like to know exactly what has been discussed......having 3 silver stars/ribbons wont stop the SAPOL giving out defects on a defective car (most imports)...i think that is what we are trying to say

So what have you been "working" on really with the Task force??? care to please elaborate??? would like to know exactly what has been discussed......having 3 silver stars/ribbons wont stop the SAPOL giving out defects on a defective car (most imports)...i think that is what we are trying to say

The deal is, We will run a well behaved cruise, show that we are not assosiated with Hoon driving and encourage members to do the right thing and Task force Diagonal will look after us, join us at the meet spot (usually) make sure we aren't targeted or raped and just left to enjoy our night hasstle-free. If someone does do something stupid, they will target that person and defect/impound them. I'll also ask that person not to join us on any future cruises.

Here is some shit for you to read also:

The write-up from my last cruise: http://hardtuned.net/forums/index.php?show...t&p=5835013

My Newspaper Article: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-a...3-1225882947361

i love how every1 bitches about "not enough cruises like back in the day"

....then you also get poeple bitching about others trying to make it happen.

Not picking or refering to any1 specific, but damn people...shup up and drive :down:

i love how every1 bitches about "not enough cruises like back in the day"

....then you also get poeple bitching about others trying to make it happen.

Not picking or refering to any1 specific, but damn people...shup up and drive :down:

I totally agree.

Quit yo whining peoples.

im somewhat keen depending on the defect rate.. had an officer try to defect my hilux last night so no way in hell i wanna take my gtr out if the police are out to defect jap cars

** edit** diddnt even read the rest of the thread before posting.. just read it then... police scare the shit out of me when they are meant to make me feel safe.. sad times

sorry kahli and tomech not bringing a downer to your thread or the fact that your trying to promote an event for a really good cause.

Its not just Tom who has gone the defect free signs for the cops, I did it last time to and if you guys actually payed attention or went to our cruises we have never had any issues, so stop complaining. If u got such an issue your better off keeping your opinion to yourselfs and not come to the charity cruise if you want to act selfish! Take your daily we wouldnt care because we are doing this for the kids!! I have police witness's that they agreed to not defect unless you are being a hoon. Ive been doing this for years now and never had any issues so i dont want to see your ungrateful opinions.

Its not just Tom who has gone the defect free signs for the cops, I did it last time to and if you guys actually payed attention or went to our cruises we have never had any issues, so stop complaining. If u got such an issue your better off keeping your opinion to yourselfs and not come to the charity cruise if you want to act selfish! Take your daily we wouldnt care because we are doing this for the kids!! I have police witness's that they agreed to not defect unless you are being a hoon. Ive been doing this for years now and never had any issues so i dont want to see your ungrateful opinions.

first of all i am not having a dig at you or any of the organizers of this cruise at all...i think its great that something good is coming out of the car scene....in regards to "i dont want to see your ungrateful opinions" this is the wrong place to be saying that.....its a forum with threads so that people can voice their opinion, share useful knowledge and some laughter.....

i dont think we are on the same page here when all i am pointing out is having a ribbon/stars wont stop the cops from doing their job....ie defecting cars if they are defective....so advertising that having a ribbon/stars/etc on your car will exempt you being defected on the day of the cruise is a whole load of crap

Its like saying that murdering someone with a shotgun is ok if your a member of xyz club and have a xyz armband and a rambo shirt.......now that makes as much sense as having a ribbon on a defective car and expecting to get away with it...

maybe rewording your statement would be better off

I think this got a bit side tracked when Kahli refered to "defect free ribbons". Tom has explained it a lot better, and its good to see some people trying to improve things for cruises in Adelaide.

As mentioned above, you all want cruises ... so here is one to attend.

At the end of the day, you either go on the cruise or you don't. Sounds good to me, so I may just be in attendance if I have no other commitments.

Can we get back on topic now please :P

Defect free ribbons isn't the correct way to say it. Should more be like "display a ribbon to show you're part of the cruise" which sounds a bit better.

Defect free ribbons makes it sound like you can bring out anything and get away free.

i dont think we are on the same page here when all i am pointing out is having a ribbon/stars wont stop the cops from doing their job....ie defecting cars if they are defective....so advertising that having a ribbon/stars/etc on your car will exempt you being defected on the day of the cruise is a whole load of crap

Its like saying that murdering someone with a shotgun is ok if your a member of xyz club and have a xyz armband and a rambo shirt.......now that makes as much sense as having a ribbon on a defective car and expecting to get away with it...

If you want to use that as an example it would be like this: Its like saying someone is able to possess a shotgun(car) but as long as they dont killl anyone(hooning) then it is ok for them to possess it.

Theres one thing about voicing an opinion but then theres jumping up and down like a bunch of clowns - thought this thread got invaded by Boostcruising members for a second there. Just because she worded it differently to something like "On the day you will be issued a ribbon to put onto your car once you have made a donation to show that you are part of the charity cruise and for that we have spoken with the local law enforcement to show leniency towards those that are behaving on the charity cruise."

If you want to use that as an example it would be like this: Its like saying someone is able to possess a shotgun(car) but as long as they dont killl anyone(hooning) then it is ok for them to possess it.

Theres one thing about voicing an opinion but then theres jumping up and down like a bunch of clowns - thought this thread got invaded by Boostcruising members for a second there. Just because she worded it differently to something like "On the day you will be issued a ribbon to put onto your car once you have made a donation to show that you are part of the charity cruise and for that we have spoken with the local law enforcement to show leniency towards those that are behaving on the charity cruise."

I think this sentence just resolved it for everyone!

How about we go along, have a good day, and help out a charity now? :(

Defect free ribbons isn't the correct way to say it. Should more be like "display a ribbon to show you're part of the cruise" which sounds a bit better.

Defect free ribbons makes it sound like you can bring out anything and get away free.

agreed