SAU Community

M35 - Nismo Ecu

PetroDola

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure they could do it, I just don't know what it will cost as they will have to learn the ecu oddities. I have paid over 2k in tuning time I think, Cihan has it down pat now. lol.

Its worth the trip, I have heard there are 4 cars coming down from Sydney soon... Are you doing the install with the stock turbo?

Nice. There would have to be someone in Adelaide who can tune it. Ill have to talk to a couple of the tuners I know and see if they can do it.

You would think that there would be someone in Sydney as well would you! Don't make the same mistake I did and throw money at BS artist's tuners who may give you a good end figure but a shit tune.....make sure they know what they are talking about....most of them have not even seen a VQ25DET.

The road trip is worth it to make sure it's done right. How much HP are you looking for BTW? There's 4 Stagea's in OZ atm all pumping better figures and more drivable than any others...Cihan tuned em all!

• 1 year later...

Oh man, some good stuff in this topic, but not enough hard straight, 'this is how you do it'.

Has anyone in Adelaide talked to Mark Tilbrook, Martin Donnan or Morpowa about what can be done with these cars?

How can an R35 GTR be tuned and not these?

Oh man, some good stuff in this topic, but not enough hard straight, 'this is how you do it'.

Has anyone in Adelaide talked to Mark Tilbrook, Martin Donnan or Morpowa about what can be done with these cars?

How can an R35 GTR be tuned and not these?

I'm pretty sure one of the Adelaide lads approached Mr Donnon regarding tuning; and the answer was the same as most of the other channels.

The issue in not actually being able to tune the ECU; it can and has been done.

The issue is building a worthwhile business case for someone to actually set up the hardware to do it.

My understanding is; that there are several series/versions (up to 12?) of the VQ25DET ECU; so even if you can read/program one version, you may not be able to the next version.

So, if you own a car with the version that can be tuned; great; but if you don't; tough shit.

The number of potential customers isn't large enough to justify the expense of developing the reader/programmer.

TL/DR; Buy an E-manage or an F-con V Pro.

True, I was into wrxs a few years back, had an 02 and then an 06, both very nicely modded, this is like starting again. It would seem I've also picked the hardest nissan, awesome. lol