SAU Community

2010 Auto Salon

PHT34

Dont know how many other made the trip down to the coast but im soooooooooooooooo mad i just had to say this years Auto Salon was absolutly pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total waste of time and money, $25 per person to get in, 1/4 of the trade stands of other years, a whole heap of gold chained lebs with cars from sydney (which by the way were either full of swirl marks or had their front bars taped on) every stereo trying to be louder than the next and shit the car whorebags werent even good looking!

I WILL NOT BE BACK!

:D

I went today and to be honest I thought it was fantastic! In saying that though it was my first time i'd been to autosalon and i couldn't see myself going every year. And yeah agreeing with the first post, the models weren't anything flash either... not that I could really look at them since I went with my gf lol

My hubby was looking at the chicks and he said it before i did, they wouldnt get out of the way so he could take photos of the few cars he liked. He said i dont want them in the photo.

Im a chick and i can appreciate any good car whore, if i had their bodies id do it to, but doesnt a decent face count for anything? lol lol

I can only imagin the amount of money they would want for a stall and id imagin word of mouth business would be better in the long run, aka chris ....

Dont know how many other made the trip down to the coast but im soooooooooooooooo mad i just had to say this years Auto Salon was absolutly pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total waste of time and money, $25 per person to get in, 1/4 of the trade stands of other years, a whole heap of gold chained lebs with cars from sydney (which by the way were either full of swirl marks or had their front bars taped on) every stereo trying to be louder than the next and shit the car whorebags werent even good looking!

I WILL NOT BE BACK!

:cool:

I think I love you Donna! :D

I can't stand Autosalon either, too much bling, not enough 'real' engineering. When shitboxes with scissor doors, $50k worth of airbrushing, 11ty dB stereos and stock mechanicals can win King of Autosalon, it's a good indication of the demographic they're trying to appeal to.

I thought autosalon this year wasn't too bad actually. They had a few new cars in there from the previous years which was nice to see, along with a couple of old school cars (egL caramo), drift cars and cars that are actually road drivin.

Had a awesome couple of days down there myself actually, first time I've enterd autosalon and had a blast!

StreetFame33

the pics from autosalon look just like my experience there last year, ghey and filled with rice rice rice

yet another bunch of cars with chromies and interriors filled with tv's fitted onto other tv's

I thought autosalon this year wasn't too bad actually. They had a few new cars in there from the previous years which was nice to see, along with a couple of old school cars (egL caramo), drift cars and cars that are actually road drivin.

Had a awesome couple of days down there myself actually, first time I've enterd autosalon and had a blast!

StreetFame33

looking at your sig, i had already pegged you as somebody who likes autosalon, and kebabs

the pics from autosalon look just like my experience there last year, ghey and filled with rice rice rice

yet another bunch of cars with chromies and interriors filled with tv's fitted onto other tv's

looking at your sig, i had already pegged you as somebody who likes autosalon, and kebabs

There was no autosalon last year. Last was was in 2008. There were other cars besides just full on show cars this year, they had a bunch of drift cars there, a awesome group of cars from Hard Tuned and as always High Rollers had some tuff as GTR's as well as the SUBLIME S15 with the 20B also some high HP cars, I think 3 or 4 over 1000HP.

Yeah, I do like autosalon I thought it was an awesome weekend. :P

StreetFame33

StreetFame33

I saw your car there and actually mentioned to my hubby that it looked smick. Also the camaro and sublime were emmaculate but overall im not interested in paying to see banged up rides with big power going nowhere.

I saw your car there and actually mentioned to my hubby that it looked smick. Also the camaro and sublime were emmaculate but overall im not interested in paying to see banged up rides with big power going nowhere.

Thanks. I respect what your saying and I'm sure your right some of the cars don't get drivin or see any track time. But, in saying that I knew of at least a handful of cars that do that were at autosalon and do give it a good smashing ..a few of them were recently at powercruise also.

But yeah ..all in all I thought it was a good weekend :)

StreetFame33

Totally agree it was a waste of time.

I went for the first time a year or two ago, and said at the time I was pleasantly surprised how many nice cars were there - as I had expected it to be pretty crap.

This year was exactly how I thought it would be the first time - the only cars I really liked were the I WIN r33 and the MISS2J supra - and they were there in the same trim as last time (not having a go at the owners - just pointing out that nothing new had come along in the meantime).

I didn't even take the camera out of the case.

• 2 weeks later...

wow a heated discussion on autosalon. I dont know how many of u have read there magazine over the years and masturbated over some of the best engineered, best quality, out of the norm and cleanest rides from around the world but i have read every issue front to back and loved them all. Ive also been to 6 autosalon shows over 5 years, and slowy seen the once well respected name (being autosalon) for bringing "new" cars with "different" ideas, to the light of australians.

I agree with alot of ur comment to about the "rice", doof doof and "trophy, look pretty cars". its like opening a hot fours mag pretty cars with more speakers than your favourite niteclub and a paintjob that send a A.D.D kid into a frenzy. If i wanted to see these type of cars i wouldnt have went to the show and i kinda expected that to be the case all rice no, wow gee thats different and new.

I guess wat im trying to say is where has the real cars that people have built and experimented and failed and retried and suceded with gone, real cars that have a story behind them gone, not just some dude telling u yer i picked it up bout 5months ago put some big wheels on it, took it to autobahn they put a huge stereo in it, then got this really bright coloured paint sprayed on. Is this the way of the future for modified car scene i hope not cous there be much fun to be had at the track or drags soon,

Dont get me wrong there were absolute cracker cars too Miss R (gold teggy ridicoulos power from a four banger conversion) I WIN, Miss2j,badwog, and the mercury motorsport team with there track gtr35 wow.

Happy driving, XQS17 :banana:

wow a heated discussion on autosalon. I dont know how many of u have read there magazine over the years and masturbated over some of the best engineered, best quality, out of the norm and cleanest rides from around the world but i have read every issue front to back and loved them all. Ive also been to 6 autosalon shows over 5 years, and slowy seen the once well respected name (being autosalon) for bringing "new" cars with "different" ideas, to the light of australians.

I agree with alot of ur comment to about the "rice", doof doof and "trophy, look pretty cars". its like opening a hot fours mag pretty cars with more speakers than your favourite niteclub and a paintjob that send a A.D.D kid into a frenzy. If i wanted to see these type of cars i wouldnt have went to the show and i kinda expected that to be the case all rice no, wow gee thats different and new.

I guess wat im trying to say is where has the real cars that people have built and experimented and failed and retried and suceded with gone, real cars that have a story behind them gone, not just some dude telling u yer i picked it up bout 5months ago put some big wheels on it, took it to autobahn they put a huge stereo in it, then got this really bright coloured paint sprayed on. Is this the way of the future for modified car scene i hope not cous there be much fun to be had at the track or drags soon,

Dont get me wrong there were absolute cracker cars too Miss R (gold teggy ridicoulos power from a four banger conversion) I WIN, Miss2j,badwog, and the mercury motorsport team with there track gtr35 wow.

Happy driving, XQS17 :D

:banana:

Happy driving, XQS17 :P

And?

Happy driving, XQS17 :whistling:

cool story bro...