SAU Community

Power Road Car Sales (car Dealers)

doonoo7

Has anyone recently or ever purchased a car from Power Road Car Sales in Dandenong? I'm looking to purchase a Nissan Skyline R34 GT semi-auto -.-(non turbo) from them and they're selling it for $14,990 "Drive Away No More to Pay"

Would appreciate it if any previous purchasers with these guys discussed their experience with them please! :cool:

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/dealer...id=127FDF6035D0

That's the car there - I know its auto and non turbo which is panzy and weak but it'll be for my P-Plates so please no criticism on it I know myself :ninja:

Any suggestions of how to bargain them to $13 - $13.5k ?

Pay by cash, the fact that its non turbo, anything else guys? Help appreciated!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just be honest, say you love the car, have the cash ready, but you can't afford anymore than $13k. They'll either drop the price and sell it, or they won't be able to drop the price and you walk away.

They are a business after all, it's not some private sale where the owner is desperate to sell, these guys need to turn a profit.

Hey mate, I recently got a car from Power Road Car Sales. They're pretty legit, didn't hassle me over the sale and were pretty laid back.

Because that car has the "full Nismo Aero Body with side skirts front Lip spoiler" they'll be reluctant to reduce the price (I had the same deal with mine I got from there) and it has rims which they'll also not be willing to reduce the price on very much. And I also hope you know that photo is photoshopped (same thing with mine).

But overall these guys were really good to deal with, much better than any other dealers I've gone to. I've only had my R34 for 3 weeks now but so far so problems what so ever. There are some other threads on here talking about these guys (all seem pretty positive).

To be honest, I don't seem them going down to 13-13.5k very easily if at all (that ad has only been up a couple weeks) you might have to wait for a bit before they're willing to go down that low.

But thats a very nice 34 so definitely check it out, it'll be one of the nicest auto n/a 34's out there. I ended up spending a little more than I wanted to on my skyline, but you gotta think to yourself, do you rather buy an average skyline and/or a skyline you don't like as much thats in your price range or spend a little more and get what you really want?

Goodluck!

Edited by noexec

Got my 33 from them about 4 months ago. Done about 13,000 kms in it now and no problems. They were good with the buying/inspection process, ie. they let me spend as much time going over the car as i wanted, drove it 3 times (same day), sat down and negotiated $500 off the price, and when I serviced it the first time, all the driveline oils, fluids, plugs, fuel filter, coolant etc. had either been recently changed or were brand new as he said they serviced it for me before I took it, so was happy paying a bit more for it for what I got. Would recommend. :)

Bought my baby from them 1yr 3mths ago. Did try to bargain them down but only took about $500 off the asking price. Then they gave me a sony head unit (installed), rego, & belts were just replaced as well. Suffice it to say, I was happy with my purchase. :)

I got my 34 off them about a year ago, done about 25k kms since then and its been perfect, i dealt with Jeff and he was a champ. All of their cars were so clean inside and out. I suck at bargaining so i just bought it :)

Jeff is the man do talk to there!

Bought my R34 GT (White one, exactly the same as that, just no body kit and diferent rims) when i was still on my L's about 1year ago! Never missed a beat! And they dropped the price down a bit too...

But there is only one thing I have to say, if you cant afford the insurance nor maintenance, you cant afford the car... Remember for a P plater if youre doing it legit in your name, it will cost you 1/2g full comp easy!

Oh and if you want insurance to cover theft, you gotta spend another bit of cash gettin A/S imobilizers in at least.

And also check tyres and stuff (obvious defectable items), cos p plates and skylines will get cops on to you straight away at the start when they dont know you (Personal expirience) and they will try and defect you for anything even when you cruisin home mid trafic on your own minding your own business...

Not trying to put you off, just putting it out there so it gives you more motivation to bargin people! =P

I bargained them down $2000 on a $18k Supra and got new rims put on. They're pretty reasonable...

How on earth did you manage to get $2000 off?! Any tips dude? I really wanna' try get this as cheap as possible

I know another guy who bought an R33 off them a few years back and he got $2k off the price as well so yeeah

BTW Lovely input guys really appreciate it thanks!

More suggestions & ideas are absolutely welcome

I think it would depend on how long the car has been sitting there for (a car just sitting the in car lot is loosing its value = loosing them money). They're most likely not going to budge on the price of the car much if it's only been in for a week opposed to it being there for a few months. Also noting defects with the car e.g. dints, scratches w/e would help and maybe saying you don't want some of the options may help reduce the price also.

I delt with Jeff and he was great and mine also had new belts and fuilds etcetc

Go check it out, if its a little too pricey have a look around. They have some other nice R34s for 12kish

How on earth did you manage to get $2000 off?! Any tips dude? I really wanna' try get this as cheap as possible

I know another guy who bought an R33 off them a few years back and he got $2k off the price as well so yeeah

BTW Lovely input guys really appreciate it thanks!

More suggestions & ideas are absolutely welcome

lol, he prolly got 2k off the price because the supra was overpriced in the first place.

if its 14.9k "drive away" and you cant get 1.5-2.k off then they will be laughing at you, its a buyers market for imports they have it at that price but wont be expecting to get it play hard 13k thats it take it or leave it and make sure you walk away they'll come back to you, they always do..

i'm gonna be offering 10k less on a car im looking at right now

1. do not buy a non turbo skyline. I understand, but this dude is on his p's, and it might be at least a year or two before he gets off his p's.

2. do not buy an auto skyline. Why?

3. do not pay remotely close to 13k for one. Agreed

4. look on carsales, its cheaper. I think this is from carsales.