SAU Community

Power Road Car Sales (car Dealers)

doonoo7

1. do not buy a non turbo skyline.

2. do not buy an auto skyline.

3. do not pay remotely close to 13k for one.

4. look on carsales, its cheaper.

1. I have no choice - Pplater

2. I have no manual car to learn in so I'm sorta obliged o buy an auto

3. There are R34's for 11-12k on carsales but they don't have nismo kit (which I want) and some decent aftermarket rims (which I also want) I've sorta calculated the cost of manually putting on a kit and rims myself and it'd be around the same price -.-"

4. This was on carsales haha

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would depend on how long the car has been sitting there for (a car just sitting the in car lot is loosing its value = loosing them money). They're most likely not going to budge on the price of the car much if it's only been in for a week opposed to it being there for a few months. Also noting defects with the car e.g. dints, scratches w/e would help and maybe saying you don't want some of the options may help reduce the price also.

I delt with Jeff and he was great and mine also had new belts and fuilds etcetc

Go check it out, if its a little too pricey have a look around. They have some other nice R34s for 12kish

Yeah that white one I want has been on carsales for 2-3months plus so yeah. I saw their other cars for sale and they weren't really appealing to me - they were either turboed or ugly skyline sedans :)

Also do you recall Jeff and/or Shane being hardasses to you when you were dealing with them?

My r33 was imported by them in 2006, car still has not missed a beat and is now copping twice factory power output and stock engine still going.

Ditto, same year as you, but 3 times the power from factory and still going good :)

they have decent cars down there, the one your looking at looks clean.

How on earth did you manage to get $2000 off?! Any tips dude? I really wanna' try get this as cheap as possible

I know another guy who bought an R33 off them a few years back and he got $2k off the price as well so yeeah

I guess it depends on the car and how much they've marked it up. I tried to bargain down another car and they were pretty much firm on it.

Just say to them "I have $xxxxx cash right now, take it or I'm walking"

Also, if you spy a nice set of rims on one of their other cars, ask them to swap them :) They can usually work something out.

Yeah that white one I want has been on carsales for 2-3months plus so yeah. I saw their other cars for sale and they weren't really appealing to me - they were either turboed or ugly skyline sedans :)

Also do you recall Jeff and/or Shane being hardasses to you when you were dealing with them?

I delt with Jeff and he was pretty laid back, but he reports to shane. whatever offer I made he spoke to shane about it.

to be honest if its what you want and you like it, who cares what other people think

there are def cheaper r34s out there but are they going to be as nice and are you going to like it as much?

yeah it might be a little pricey but paying 1k or w/e more than you orginally wanted to wont matter too much in the end

I bought a 32 GTR from them and it is a peach. Dealt with Shane who seems dodgy at first glance but is actually a straight forward good guy to deal with. They've always been helpful since the purchase too. I got $1k off the asking price.

good that you're selling it =D

and to the OP, have you test driven the thing?

Please just go for an inspection, test drive the thing, and if you really like it, then talk about the price after that.

Yeah I'm getting cousins to have a look at it in the next few days cause' they know their shit I'm pretty sure. I'm all the way in QLD as silly as that sounds but yeah -.-" Looks darn amazing to me in the photos - then again its photoshopped :)

if its 14.9k "drive away" and you cant get 1.5-2.k off then they will be laughing at you, its a buyers market for imports they have it at that price but wont be expecting to get it play hard 13k thats it take it or leave it and make sure you walk away they'll come back to you, they always do..

i'm gonna be offering 10k less on a car im looking at right now

This tactic seems good, but it could be like a double sided-sword. If I say "13/13.5k cash is my final offer" and they say no, I walk away and they DON'T come back to me....I'm screwed hahaha :(

they will call you 100%.. if they are any good at there job, not like you wont find another 34 for that price.

if you want to be more confident find a similar one for sale same sought of price and remember the details then say this guy is offering me his car for 12.5k but i like your one more so im prepared to go to 13kif not im buying the other one

Yeah alr33x I get what you're sayin'

http://powerroad.carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/p...topDefault.aspx

If you search for Nissan's through there they have another R34 Semi-Auto GT-T for $14,990 as well, but with no kit or rims so I could probs say "I don't want to pay the same price of a Turbo for a Non-Turbo". But they'll prob just say yeah well it has no kit and rims like the non-turbo

Yeah alr33x I get what you're sayin'

http://powerroad.carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/p...topDefault.aspx

If you search for Nissan's through there they have another R34 Semi-Auto GT-T for $14,990 as well, but with no kit or rims so I could probs say "I don't want to pay the same price of a Turbo for a Non-Turbo". But they'll prob just say yeah well it has no kit and rims like the non-turbo

Skylines are becoming more and more of a P plater market! N/A's are selling quick so there making money on it... That excuse doesnt work cos you dont have the option unless you want to break the law.... Believe me, ive tried! :(

Skylines are becoming more and more of a P plater market! N/A's are selling quick so there making money on it... That excuse doesnt work cos you dont have the option unless you want to break the law.... Believe me, ive tried! :(

Hmm yeah I get you, probably end up saying that I have my opens license in that case ahahah