SAU Community

New Queensland Gtr Club -

kymbo

• 2 months later...

Other QLD R35 Owners, I have just joined the SAU QLD Club and are starting to join in the Club events.. A great Mixture of People, Ages and Cars. (Mixture of R31,32,33,34's GTR and Non GTR's.). Yesterday we had a "Run" from Brisbane - Toowoomba - Esk - Brisbane with a break for lunch. Around 25 Cars, well organised and a lot of fun.. Outside the other scheduled events, they will be scheduling other run's to other parts of the Southeast corner.

Why dont you join us, we need more R35's in the club.. PM me if you want more details ..

Mike..

I'm an SAU QLD member, but I don't own a 35 man http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/tongue.png

Believe it or not but I'm 22 and I own a 2011 R35 but i got no commitments like g/f or house and work 2 jobs no pharmaceuticals here at all

I have an R32 GT-R.

22 with a 35 ?

The only way that happens is if you're either kissed on the dick by a fairy or you're in pharmaceuticals http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/tongue.png

Its all relative to how hard you work.. I owned (yes, no loan) my first Subaru STi in 2001 (bug eye) at 23 after working in engineering in Mt Isa Mines for 3 years.. I did nothing but save $$$ and came back to Brisbane, walked into City Subaru, said to the sales rep "I'll take that one" and had the car delivered 3 days later :D Also had enough for a house deposit and bought my first house at the same time....

These days, most Gen Y's find it hard to save because its all about the "now" or, "I want it now", and "instant gratification" mentality.. If the GTR R35 was around back then, I would have paid cash for one and driven away no more to pay - but it wasnt and the Scooby Doo was the next best thing :P

I'm pretty proud of those that can get the things they want at an early age - providing they worked for it.. Using mummy's and daddy's $$ to get a GTR is something I'm firmly against as it teaches one nothing about working hard and respect.

Mike, I might consider joining you for a run some time. Keep in touch :D

Jason, congratulations owning a R35 at 22, clearly you would have had to work hard. Have you joined the SAU NSW club on events ?

Edited by Wardski

Jason, congratulations owning a R35 at 22, clearly you would have had to work hard. Have you joined the SAU NSW club on events ?

Nah I havnt as of yet I've only owned mine for about a month and only taken it down eastern creek for a Sunday drag ran a best of 11.52... I wouldn't mind taking it on the track but I hear the pads and rotors ain't too track friendly... Mine has already had the rotors and pads replaced due to the previous owner the rotors started to crack where they were drilled

Indeed I've had the same issue on my 2010, mind you Nissan replaced mine under warranty and said that they will continue to replace them until the warranty runs out in 2014 lol

Nah I havnt as of yet I've only owned mine for about a month and only taken it down eastern creek for a Sunday drag ran a best of 11.52... I wouldn't mind taking it on the track but I hear the pads and rotors ain't too track friendly... Mine has already had the rotors and pads replaced due to the previous owner the rotors started to crack where they were drilled

Indeed I've had the same issue on my 2010, mind you Nissan replaced mine under warranty and said that they will continue to replace them until the warranty runs out in 2014 lol

l

Really that's awesome I heard they didn't replace them as its wear and tear?? I bought mine from a dealership whic I will not not but tried selling me the car with cracked rotors and pads were stuffed and told me it was wear and tear after not even owning it for a week. Eventually Col Crawford nissan assessed it told them they were not road worthy and it ended up costing them $6500 for front rotors and pads and labour which was trade price. If anything I'm going to go aftermarket a set of Alcons I think alot cheaper then factory and better so I been told

For under $6500 there are plenty of aftermarket replacement options for the GTR - as you said, Alcons are popular, DBS are cheap, so long as they're slotted not drilled if you're going to hit the track often..

I think replacement depends on the dealer, and kms, my GTR has only 4500kms on the clock, and not driven often - and pads + rotors had >95% left, so they replaced them under warranty. I just happened to be on a Nissan organised track day when my last set of fronts went, so that also helped. :)

l
Really that's awesome I heard they didn't replace them as its wear and tear?? I bought mine from a dealership whic I will not not but tried selling me the car with cracked rotors and pads were stuffed and told me it was wear and tear after not even owning it for a week. Eventually Col Crawford nissan assessed it told them they were not road worthy and it ended up costing them $6500 for front rotors and pads and labour which was trade price. If anything I'm going to go aftermarket a set of Alcons I think alot cheaper then factory and better so I been told

Edited by Wardski

Mine had 23,000 and I will deffo be going for aftermarket most likely Alcon atm I couldn't afford for my pads and rotors to go and from what I have read the R35's are best on the track with the traction off as even in R mode it restricts them and once it's off voids all warranty and sends a message and GPS location of where it was turned off at. I've also been informed that the black box which stores data deletes itself after every 3000kms correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I have been told from the Dealer which services my car not from the dodgey place I purchased it from

I've also recently joined and hoping to do more events. My first club event was the happy laps at QR. Next will be the sprints at Lakeside on 11 May.

I've got a black 2010 GTR.

Other QLD R35 Owners, I have just joined the SAU QLD Club and are starting to join in the Club events.. A great Mixture of People, Ages and Cars. (Mixture of R31,32,33,34's GTR and Non GTR's.). Yesterday we had a "Run" from Brisbane - Toowoomba - Esk - Brisbane with a break for lunch. Around 25 Cars, well organised and a lot of fun.. Outside the other scheduled events, they will be scheduling other run's to other parts of the Southeast corner.

Why dont you join us, we need more R35's in the club.. PM me if you want more details ..

Mike..

• Like 1

Hey mate, welcome to the club. I don't often join in with the other skyline runs, but I do attend Brisbane Super Car Club runs on occasion. Would be good to catch up with you and mike some time :)

I've also recently joined and hoping to do more events. My first club event was the happy laps at QR. Next will be the sprints at Lakeside on 11 May.

Great Phil, will be great to see you at future SAU events, its a bit lonely being the only R35 there. Have you registered and paid for the sprints at Lakeside, i think they were close to finalising given the restriction of numbers they had.. I am not at the point of tracking my GTR yet.

Wardski, hadnt heard about the Brisbane Super Car Club, but had a look of them on Facebook. Give us a yell next time they have a run you are going on, perhaps Phil and I can also join you and try to help balance up the Japanese vs Italian ratio..

Yes you are. ;)

Hi mate,

Yes, all paid up for Lakeside and very keen. I trying to do as many street sprints as work will allow this year.

I'm a little bit scared to push too hard at Lakeside - too much Armco - but have been pushing pretty hard at QR sprint days.

Looking forward to catching up soon. Wardski, send us a PM when there's something going on. Always looking for an excuse to take the GTR for a spin.

Great Phil, will be great to see you at future SAU events, its a bit lonely being the only R35 there. Have you registered and paid for the sprints at Lakeside, i think they were close to finalising given the restriction of numbers they had.. I am not at the point of tracking my GTR yet.

Wardski, hadnt heard about the Brisbane Super Car Club, but had a look of them on Facebook. Give us a yell next time they have a run you are going on, perhaps Phil and I can also join you and try to help balance up the Japanese vs Italian ratio..

Hey mate, no problems, I'll PM you for the next run. Great bunch of guys and gals (last meet was Sirromet Winery) and there are 2 GTRs in the club (inc mine) so more the merrier :)

• 3 weeks later...