SAU Community

R34 Gtr Accident Repairs :(

full_stick

So as you can see I've had an accident in my R34 GTR, my pride and joy :P. So all I'm interested in now is getting it back on the road as soon as possible.

The car has gone over a gutter head on at high speed, (don't ask), and pretty much snapped all axels, destroyed all suspension and literally have the front wheels hanging on by a thread. All 4 mags are buckled which I can easily replace as well as the front bar and both fenders, again easily replaced. So my main concern is getting this back on the road asap and I'm going to try and do a majority of the work myself. I'm still waiting for insurance but am not sure if they're going to cover it yet. I'm assuming the steering and anything else connected directly to the wheels is damaged. I'd really like to know where I can source these sort of parts from???

Engine and gearbox appears to be fine but I will confirm over the weekend.

Once I've taken the wheels and fenders off I'll take some photos to give you all a better idea of what I'm lookin at.

Which city are you from?

Tried looking at websites of Just Jap, Toy Shop, Hills Motorsports, Nisswreck, etc. not forgetting SAU F/S section?

Looks like you'll be making up a sizeable list... :P

Unfortunately I'm in Darwin so there's absolutely nothing up here in the way of parts so I'll just be taking photos and posting them up here or finding a copy of the R34 manual and getting part numbers. Hopefully something will come up. I know I'm already up for new mags, front bar and fenders which is fine but its the running gear i'm concerned about. pretty much folded the front tyres outwards so pushing the fenders out and snapping the axels :D

So as you can see I've had an accident in my R34 GTR, my pride and joy :P. So all I'm interested in now is getting it back on the road as soon as possible.

The car has gone over a gutter head on at high speed, (don't ask), and pretty much snapped all axels, destroyed all suspension and literally have the front wheels hanging on by a thread. All 4 mags are buckled which I can easily replace as well as the front bar and both fenders, again easily replaced. So my main concern is getting this back on the road asap and I'm going to try and do a majority of the work myself. I'm still waiting for insurance but am not sure if they're going to cover it yet. I'm assuming the steering and anything else connected directly to the wheels is damaged. I'd really like to know where I can source these sort of parts from???

Engine and gearbox appears to be fine but I will confirm over the weekend.

Once I've taken the wheels and fenders off I'll take some photos to give you all a better idea of what I'm lookin at.

so how`d you do it??