SAU Community

Reckon The Rta Will Give Me An Exemption

jawrgy

• 1 year later...

Hey,

Trying to go for an exemption. Below is the letter im going to send in. Im a P2 license holder living in NSW and have 6 months left till my blacks. Just seeing if anyone can give thoughts on how to improve the letter or if they think this will fly?

To the RTA

I am writing to gain an exemption for a prohibited V6 vehicle to drive on my P2 license. Due to having my last application for an exemption not approved I was forced to turn down a job offer as a Real Estate Agent as a legal car and license was mandatory for the job. In search of income until I am able to gain my full license I am now self employed and need an exemption for the vehicle for employment purposes.

I have started my own Automotive Electrical business which services Imported cars. The main services of my business are electronic work within import cars. You can visit my website at:

I need an exemption to drive my car as it is the only means of transport I have to travel from job to job. I travel to the clients and service their cars at their locations and my Nissan Skyline is my only form of transportation. Public transport is not an option as I have a large amount of tools to carry around such as my soldering equipment and 3 tool boxes.

My car is also what I use to promote my business. Being an import itself I mainly focus on imported cars from Japan for work but also do work on other models that I am familiar with. I have had custom decals (stickers) placed on the car showing my business name, website and phone number. I have made some interior and electrical modifications to the car and also use it to promote my business in automotive competitions. I have the car registered to enter the Auto Salon show taking place in Sydney on November 20-21st. Taking the car to Eastern Creek Raceway is another place I take the car to promote my business as there are many car enthusiasts looking for workers. The car is in no way performance modified only aesthetically. I focus on interior, GPS, reverse cameras and sound nothing mechanically.

I need the car mainly during business hours to travel from job to job but will also be travelling on weekends to promote my car/business and gain work at Eastern Creek Raceway and other Auto events. The ABN number for the business is ******** and can be cross checked with the Australian Taxation Office. The business name is "**********"

The car is registered in my name, I am self employed now and I need to use the nominated prohibited vehicle for work. Without the means of vehicle transport and use of advertisement provided by the car I would be left unable to work and provide for myself as I am still attending university full time in the evenings.

Regards ************

The car is a 2004 350gt skyline, V6 (non turbo)

Not that i don't hope you get your exception, they are nice cars but coming from a long line of real estate agents in the family (thank god im not one)... this inst really a real-estate agents car.

So impractical. Don't use this as your excuse

Edited by ianjb