SAU Community

Best Dyno Tuners ?

BOOSTD

Hey everyone, as most of you know I am new to Sydney. My car is in dire need of a tune as it is still running the base Apexi program since rebuild. I was interested in peoples experiences with the different tunning shops Sydney has to offer. I have booked in at UAS for a mixture check ,but, have been put back by the $80 fee(some $30) more than Adelaide, and more expensive doesn't always mean better. I previouly did most of my tuning my self with a wide band sensor and meter. I don't know if any of the shops here are as trusting in adelaide and would lend one out. Sure does save alot of money(6 hours of my own road time and half an hour on the dyno). I think the end result comes out alot better as part throttle mapping can only be done properly on the road.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With tuning you really do pay for what you get. CRD in Silverwater, Jim in particular has a reputation as being one of the best tuners around.

Granted their $600 odd charge for a comprehensive dyno tune is above what other places will charge, but ultimately the tune will make or break the car so im my eyes its money well spent.

Ben at UAS is also good with power FC's and should be able to sort you out.

With tuning you really do pay for what you get. CRD in Silverwater, Jim in particular has a reputation as being one of the best tuners around.

Granted their $600 odd charge for a comprehensive dyno tune is above what other places will charge, but ultimately the tune will make or break the car so im my eyes its money well spent.

Ben at UAS is also good with power FC's and should be able to sort you out.

I was a beleiver in "u get what you pay for " to ,but, myself and a dozen others from Adelaide have had issues with a certain shop who has charged for five hours work only to really spend an hour and a half. To make matters worse there have been issues with overly advanced mapping causing detonation and even cracked ring lans. I had my car tuned and rang back fifteen mintues later because it was detonating at 5000rpm. i was told not to come back in as they didn't have time to re-map. "Just turn the cam sensor back a little, it won't hurt any power they said"

The best tuner I had didn't even work at a dyno equipped shop and charged half as much.(hired dyno time). I have seen countless people throw good money away from not knowing any better. Having rebuilt my own engine, nothing p's me off more to be feed :bs!: to part with ur hard earned cash.

I have also heard CRD are very good.

A friend was recently charged $750 for a CRD powerfc tune, however, i cannot provide you the full details on what was done, to the best of my knowledge it was just a tune.

On the weekend I was provided with a PowerFC tune by the Hitman. It was a road tune using a wide band a/f sensor and my hand controller.

I'm very pleased with Mat's tune. I have noticeable performance increases throughout the rev range and within every gear. Some comments were made on my previous tune and im sure they were dealt with and rectified where necessary. I still have some detonation which i will hopefully have sorted shortly.

Mat had a laptop with PowerFC software but unfortunately we couldn't get it to talk to the R34 PowerFC. Mat also personally owns an R33 GTSt.

Mat usually charges $300 for a road tune.

• 3 months later...

has anyone used hitman since he moved into the workshop at moorebank? do they have a 4WD dyno and does he charge more now? (of course after dyno time is considered)

hey boostd i got a mate at C and V performance, they do a really good tune if you like, they keep my car in tune when i got racing and was impressed with what the can do.

also croydon austosports do a whole tune for about 800, but that means when it gets off the dyno your car will be a weapon.

has anyone used hitman since he moved into the workshop at moorebank? do they have a 4WD dyno and does he charge more now? (of course after dyno time is considered)

Nope! its only a rear wheel drive dyno! Dunno if he charges extra...possibly a little bit more ontop of his base $300...

Hes also on these forums - Hitman...so can always PM him :rolleyes:

When I'm not doing it, my car is tuned exclusively by Unigroup Engineering.

www.unigroup.com.au

Yavuz and Valent are very communicative guys and have tuned some very very fast and big dollar cars that are still running hard.

I cannot speak highly enough of their efforts in correcting my tune on the pfc. Less ignition advance, more fuel, same power. They are also happy to tell you exactly what they're doing as they do it which helps you stay in the loop.

I must have picked their brains 20 times since first going there, (phone, email etc) and have found them more than happy to chat.

Yavuz also operates one of the dynos for Dyno Dynamics at Summernats. Expert with the Power FC and how it should be tuned for our cars and your application.

Adrian