You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• VCAM doesn't really increase peak power, it just widens the powerband. So if you were giving up power with adjustable cam gears to get better low-end response yes in theory it "increases power" but otherwise not really. Stroker kit might put you in a more efficient region of the compressor map which will get you more power but at say 7000 rpm I'm not sure that much will change. The original HKS GT2530, -5s, and GTX2860R gen 2 are all roughly the same kind of turbo. If you want 600 horsepower those are the turbos you need. So 500 whp. Just expect to spend some quality time trying to figure out intake/exhaust piping. The "twin turbo" pipe is an obvious place to start. Make sure the actuator preload and all of that fun boring stuff is set up correctly. Throw a VCAM step 2 at it if you want good response, 2.8L stroker too. If you're not actually wedded to 500 whp all the time you can barely get there with -7s or Nismo R3 turbos, you just have to run E85 or race gas and run them hard:
    • It's used in the GT-R, GTST/GTT, and Z32 VG30 NA + TT versions. Nissan still makes them new, they're not cheap but they're not expensive either. Personally I would just get something direct-fit and be done with it but I'm not that handy at fabrication.
    • FS5R30A the nav box isn’t it? I did think about those. Any issues? I wondered if the bell housing off an rb30 patrol would work as they are the same gearbox but with a transfer I believe. 
    • FS5R30A isn't exactly 1000 but it's close enough.