SAU Community

Work Purpose Only Driver License

R-SPEC

Its easy to say "If you need to drive to earn money. Think very hard before you choose to lose it", but obviosly we know we f**ked up. We live and learn, and now we are just trying to make a lives a little easier, by enquiring. Nothing wrong with that i rekons

how does everyone know he didnt lose his licence on BULLSHIT eg. 43 in a 40 zone. people mustn't be so quick with smart ass comments!

Simply because you can't lose it for one offence.

You need at least two as a P plater in, or 5 as a full license holder

actually you can.

u can argue the fact that you depend on your licence for an income/ work purpose

they will take it into account and depending on your track record (history...not ur best time :(

put a good case forward n u got a chance...

( i know cos im a mechanic... kinda hard to do my job if i cnt drive)

they will prob increase the fine, and put u on a long probation

Its easy to say "If you need to drive to earn money. Think very hard before you choose to lose it", but obviosly we know we f**ked up. We live and learn, and now we are just trying to make a lives a little easier, by enquiring. Nothing wrong with that i rekons

This is the lesson...no learning takes place if it's an easy one.

I did the same thing and life was hard...learnt my lesson (to a degree...I still cop the odd few km over fine here and there though).

Given he's suspended and looking for temporary licence, it's a safe assumption he's either breached the good behaviour on an option notice or done some serious speed to earn a suspension :(

But to answer OP question, no I don't think you can obtain a special licence. Someone at work lost their licence over one P plate having fallen down which was a bit ordinary...there was no way out of it even with a letter from the employer saying it wasn't his vehicle or P plates. And it's a bit hard to see a P plate fall down in a ute, isn't exactly visible in a rear view mirror.

But to answer OP question, no I don't think you can obtain a special licence. Someone at work lost their licence over one P plate having fallen down which was a bit ordinary...there was no way out of it even with a letter from the employer saying it wasn't his vehicle or P plates. And it's a bit hard to see a P plate fall down in a ute, isn't exactly visible in a rear view mirror.

That is harsh, I know of a similar situation with the P plate falling down and a TIN being issues after a very minor accident. This went to court and the police lost against the argument that the P plate fell down in the accident.

Regarding the original post due to mandatory sentencing (for every offense I can think of that would result in licence loss) the judge cannot allow you to continue to drive if you pay the fine/plead guilty.

Speak to a lawyer about your specific situation/offense.

actually you can.

u can argue the fact that you depend on your licence for an income/ work purpose

they will take it into account and depending on your track record (history...not ur best time :(

put a good case forward n u got a chance...

( i know cos im a mechanic... kinda hard to do my job if i cnt drive)

they will prob increase the fine, and put u on a long probation

He is talking about if you have already lost it - not if you have it, and have a fine/defect etc that you are contesting.

Hmmm, you probably did something naughty as you havnt tried to defend what happened. =P but if your life depends on it (dont flame me) I would personally just keep driving but under a different car or number plates as if High way patrol pop your rego in their computer they will see your suspended. Normal police cars wont bother unless they are assigned to high way patrol as they carry out 'real' police work.