SAU Community

Work Purpose Only Driver License

R-SPEC

Hmmm, you probably did something naughty as you havnt tried to defend what happened. =P but if your life depends on it (dont flame me) I would personally just keep driving but under a different car or number plates as if High way patrol pop your rego in their computer they will see your suspended. Normal police cars wont bother unless they are assigned to high way patrol as they carry out 'real' police work.

flamesuit.jpg

:laugh:

Get an address in another state, say NSW (if you have family etc over the border) and go get a license in that state and drive on it until you get your vic license back....

That is about the only way around the situation that I can think of. (assuming that another state's system cannot tell that your license was suspended).

I enquired about this, last week. Even if you have a NSW licence which is valid, you are still suspended from driving on VIC ROADS.

How would they cross reference this? If it is a new NSW license and you denied having a VIC license.

How would they cross reference this? If it is a new NSW license and you denied having a VIC license.

Depends on your luck really, they might look at your license and say have a good evening, however if for whatever reason they type in your name into the VIC database and see your suspended, hello courtcase.

I mean im just quoting vicroads here, hopefully im wrong?

Hmmm, you probably did something naughty as you havnt tried to defend what happened. =P but if your life depends on it (dont flame me) I would personally just keep driving but under a different car or number plates as if High way patrol pop your rego in their computer they will see your suspended. Normal police cars wont bother unless they are assigned to high way patrol as they carry out 'real' police work.

That is a really stupid thing to do. Firstly no insurance cover and if you do get caught the penalty is much greater not to mention if you do this a second time you can go to jail.

haha RE: the NSW licence thing, the opposite applied for my sister's bf when he got done drink driving in NSW on a Vic licence. He actually got a letter in the mail after his court appearance which stated he wasn't allowed to drive in NSW. Strangely enough this didn't carry over to Victoria as well. The joys of living in a border region :thumbsup:

That is a really stupid thing to do. Firstly no insurance cover and if you do get caught the penalty is much greater not to mention if you do this a second time you can go to jail.

Ok, quit your job, sell your car/tools and sit out the 6 months surviving on baked beans. Im saying if your life depended on driving for your job and to pay your bills/rent unless you find a quick alternative your more than f**ked. Just dont drive like a loon and avoid the whole "the sky is falling you have no insurance"

Never assume, it leads to assumptions.

Im only doing the 3 month suspension coz vicroads f**ked me over with their mis-typed options notice. As a result of THEIR mistake I am in the situation im in now and nothing can be done as the suspension is already locked in. arguing it and going to court would be a waste of time and money.

I was only asking coz I had heard of something similar some time ago.

Thanks.

the law's f**k, i just got reemed 4 points and $450buck fine because the cop said i was doing 75 in a 50zone, and i was also tale gating......

wats even more funny is that she didnt have a radar gun on me and THEN admitted it was accurate guess on her part.

wats the point in having a system were if u fight the fine by going to court, u ending losing more money than ur original fine

the system's bs

/rant

the law's f**k, i just got reemed 4 points and $450buck fine because the cop said i was doing 75 in a 50zone, and i was also tale gating......

wats even more funny is that she didnt have a radar gun on me and THEN admitted it was accurate guess on her part.

wats the point in having a system were if u fight the fine by going to court, u ending losing more money than ur original fine

the system's bs

/rant

technically it'd only cost $80 max to challenge that fine in court. IF you were in the right. In most cases you can have the state accept that cost too if you win.

You're not in the right though, so I highly doubt that'd be the case.

technically it'd only cost $80 max to challenge that fine in court. IF you were in the right. In most cases you can have the state accept that cost too if you win.

You're not in the right though, so I highly doubt that'd be the case.

did u speak to legal aid?

i did, IF i lose i have to pay court fee's, police fee's and lawyer fee's.

there's so many things i need to go through, such as interigate the copper in question on how she estimated my speed, then cross referencing her answer and all other junk thats just not worth it.

also how can u be speed and tailgating someone whos doing the limit?

Edited by muNsi

Following up on what i said,

has anyone here, been suspended in a state and drove whilst using another state drivers license? i.e. suspended in vic, drove on nsw license?

Police are recognised estimators of speed.

You could have played it smart and taken it to court and admitted doing 64-65 instead of 75. Been there, done that (apparently i was doing 140 in a 80, was pegged back to under 100). I went through it. Gathered my evidence, had my lawyer present it all etc.

So based on the estimate in your case it would have been knocked back to 15km/h which i do believe it less than 25 over.

Either way mate I doubt you were doing 50km/h, and so would the court unless you had some amazing eye witness accounts.

Of which I'd imagine the Police would have witnesses which again puts you further behind the 8-ball.

It makes sense you lose more money if you challenge an offence (Shan did say IF YOU ARE RIGHT) - otherwise every single idiot who thinks they are not in the wrong/not at fault/think they can lie would tie the court system up more than it already is.

Its a good deterrent and they should increase the fines if you lose and make an ass of yourself :P

You could try to drive on other state license and if lucky get away with it but If you are checked and they check your name then it will show that you have a Victorian driver's license and are suspended.

I have caught male doing similar thing who was suspended here on Vic license so he went back to Malaysia and got his License over there to cover the time while he was suspended here. Big FAIL!!! Nice try though.

You could try to drive on other state license and if lucky get away with it but If you are checked and they check your name then it will show that you have a Victorian driver's license and are suspended.

I have caught male doing similar thing who was suspended here on Vic license so he went back to Malaysia and got his License over there to cover the time while he was suspended here. Big FAIL!!! Nice try though.

Question when u punch someones rego in does it tell you if the driver (owner) is a P plate license holder?

Simply because you can't lose it for one offence.

You need at least two as a P plater in, or 5 as a full license holder

you can do it in one if your trying :P

R-SPEC, dont mean to pry into your personal life, but what do you do for work? how much of the day do you spend driving? do you run your own business? 3 months isnt too long, it may be financially viable to get a driver of some sort. do you have an employee/employer that you work with all the time? maybe offer a financial incentive for them to take over the driving roll.

or very quickly find another job that you can get to, even if its shit, just to hold you up for 3 months, then go back to/find another job in your field.

i'm not going to suggest driving as its illegal, immoral and you are the work of the devil if you do it, but just out of curiosity, is your work car registered in your name? how often do you get pulled over while driving it?