SAU Community

R32 Gt-r 21st Anniversary Wrap-up Thread

GTR-N1

Ok so one more "teaser" tonight. But that's all for now folks.

I call this one: Dream Sequence... Z-Tune.

I'm practicing my "looks like top gear" video look.

(Best in HD - click youtube link and then set to HD full screen. Also will take youtube about an hour to process it so that it isn't so grainy.)

An Thanks Owen - found a use for that music. Goes Perfectly with this.

:D

someone please do me a favour tho and write an article for performance imports..it'd be cool if we could get each Anniversary cruise in there!

Hey mate, shame you couldn't make it. ^^^ this is in progress ;)

was also my first cruise had a great time, stayed at a hotel with some ACT members, went to panthers club with them on sat night and meet up with terry and matt was good to meet you both.

seen more skylines in 1 spot then i have in my whole life haha, so many nice cars will defiantly come back up for more events thumbsup.gif

Also great to meet you mate. Glad you had a good time and safe trip back. See you at the next one :D

was also my first cruise had a great time, stayed at a hotel with some ACT members, went to panthers club with them on sat night and meet up with terry and matt was good to meet you both.

seen more skylines in 1 spot then i have in my whole life haha, so many nice cars will defiantly come back up for more events :D

Great to see that such a long 6hr trip was well worth it Tim ;) . We like to think we're good hosts up here.

Does your Dad (Ross) like his Navara T-shirt, cap & can holder as much as Duncan? :)

PRIZEWINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT

Just to confirm our major prize winners as judged by our sponsors Top Secret Imports and Just Jap, guest Terry Ashwood and SAU executives;

BEST INTERSTATE R32 GT-R:

GTRKAT - White R32 GT-R with some heavy mods!

Winner_BestInterstateR32GTR1N.jpg

Prize - Meguiars Pack, generously donated by Meguiars Aust.

_BESTINTERSTATE.jpg

BEST R32 SKYLINE (NON-GTR): Silver R32 GTS-t with Bronze Work Emotion CR-Kai

Winner_BestR32_1N.jpg

Prize - 1:18 Kyosho Calsonic Group A R32 GT-R and plaque

_BESTR32.jpg

CONCOURS AWARD R32 SKYLINE GT-R: Wine Red R32 GT-R (Australian-delivered)

This vehicle was absolutely mint, and came with receipts signifying none other than Mark Skaife as one of the previous owners...

Winner_Concours_R32GTR1N.jpg

Prize - 1:18 AutoArt BP Oil Group A R32 GT-R and plaque

_CONCOURSR32GTR.jpg

and the top award;

BEST R32 SKYLINE GT-R: GTR-32G - Red R32 GT-R

Winner_BestR32GTR2N.jpg

Prize - Custom RC bodyshell with 1992 Winfield Racing livery, specially prepared by Kuma J. Phenomenal attention to detail, both in the prize and the winning vehicle.

_BESTR32GTR.jpg

Congratulations guys! Please feel free to get in touch with one of us regarding your certificates, as Terry Ashwood has kindly offered to sign them for us just to make them a little more official :D and we can have your name properly printed up on them. Due to time constraints this couldn't be done on the day.

Thanks also to Nissan Australia and Motive DVD for providing additional giveaways and prizes.

Was a Great meet! It was my car that busted a tyre :D and we couldnt get onee bolt out.. thanks Sean for staying back and seeing if we needed help. My brother ended up coming up to The Edge to give me a breaker bar so it was all fine . Will upload my pics shortly too

Edited by E_Lu-SHuN

Hey guys

As you know I don't own a GT-R but the R32 has been my favourite since I got into cars so I couldn't help but come. We even flew back from an interstate job just for it!!!

We're holding the GT-R Challenge again next week for Motive DVD #11 so I will try and put the feature on this cruise in the same DVD. I can feel another GT-R based DVD coming along as we just featured 2x R32, an R35 and the Skylines Australia track day in SA!!

Good work on organising it Terry!

We're holding the GT-R Challenge again next week for Motive DVD #11 so I will try and put the feature on this cruise in the same DVD. I can feel another GT-R based DVD coming along as we just featured 2x R32, an R35 and the Skylines Australia track day in SA!!

*spam spam spam*

Anyhoo

Some awesome photos from here, kinda fitting that it was wet after the 92 Bathurst lol.

Some awesome photos from here, kinda fitting that it was wet after the 92 Bathurst lol.

So true. It was kind of a surreal parallel with the movie we were about to watch, when reaching Mt Tomah (about when some of those photos above were taken).

Def one of those times it felt great to be in a skyline, totally planted, four wheel drive, and plenty of feedback through the wheel = confidence (but not overconfidence...).

BEST R32 SKYLINE (NON-GTR): Silver R32 GTS-t with Bronze Work Emotion CR-Kai

Winner_BestR32_1N.jpg

Hate to be picky but these rims are Direzza RSC not CR-Kai's :)

Love the look regardless!