SAU Community

R32 Gt-r 21st Anniversary Wrap-up Thread

GTR-N1

Ha ha.. you should have seen him when he won a 1:18 scale calsonic R32. He took to school for news today bless him!

Hi spranga,

:P Jim Richards signed the award for "Best Concours R32 GT-R" as well as Terry Ashwood.

:P You've been sent a PM with my addy so you can send your "Best R32" award certificate back to me.

Then it can be signed by Jim and Terry and perhaps Alan Heaphy at "A Night With Jim Richards" on Dec 12th (unless you already have a booked seat and do it yourself on the night).

Cheers, Terry

Well this is where the 1/10 scale Winfield GTR ended up, thought I would let it spend some quality time with the winning GTR before it moves inside on display and for our baby boy that will arrive in next few weeks to play with when he grows up.

Looking forward to see some more video footage looks great so far :)

Hi Brian,

:P Jim Richards as well as Terry Ashwood has signed the award certificate for "Best Concours R32 GT-R"

:P Jim and Terry are prepared to sign yours (and spranga's "Best R32" certificate) as well, of course.

You'll see a PM from me with my addy, if you'd like to send yours back; unless of course you're already booked to go to the SAU.NSW Event - "A Night With Jim Richards" which is when it'll be signed (by Terry A, Jim and Alan).

Cheers, Terry

^^^ :P:(:ermm:

Hey Congratulations on your Boobie Prize Award Jonny!!!

Must say; your car deserved it... LOL

No other car came close! LOL

Tell us what your folks said about it??? Or anyone else for that matter???

Folks couldn't understand why i would put writing on my car

I think writing that stuff about my mate has made him delay finishing my guards lol

The look on people faces when they pull up next to me and read the writing is priceless

Thanks again Terry

• 1 month later...

^^^ that's OK J. The writing on your car is cute > smiles. That "BLOND" number plate suits > ROFL

Pics up soon > Organisers having a fun BBQ together :thumbsup: after all that wk - phew!

Did someone say BBQ?

Not David's rear wheelarches as it turns out.

P1040261.jpg

P1040262.jpg

P1040263.jpg

Pezhead's amazing ribs:

P1040264.jpg

Eugene's awesome chicken and Terry's smokin kebabs

P1040265.jpg

P1040266.jpg

P1040267.jpg

P1040268.jpg

P1040269.jpg

P1040270.jpg

P1040271.jpg

P1040272.jpg

Thanks to everyone for coming and for all the hard work in putting on the event itself - great memories of 10/10/10.

There will also be a feature article covering the R32 GT-R Anniversary event, coming up in Issue 133 I believe of Performance Imports magazine - look out for it! :thumbsup:

Hmmm > Yum!... LOL

We know how to have a great time.

Mains:-

* Chicken Breasts by chef Eugene aka JDM Performance, who conceived the R34 GT-R 10th Anniv > PI Mag Issue #113 "Best Of The Best" Yearbook

Recipe > 2Kg Chicken + 10 tbsn Virgin Olive Oil + + 8 cloves Garlic chopped roughly + + 2 big handfuls Oregano + 1 whole Lemon Zest with Jus + 4 tbspn Sweet Paprika + 4 tbspn Fish Sauce + Salt + Pepper

* American Pork Ribs by videographer and chef Eric aka Pezhead who somehow managed to be in 3 places at once

Recipe > seems to be a secret between Eric and my wife...lol

* Beef Kebabs by some hack chef who can only call himself a Chinese Cook by genes; lol

Recipe > 1.5Kg Diced Prime Beef + Capsicum + Squash + Mushroom + Snow Peas + Grape Tomatoes + Cherry Tomatoes + Marinade of mixed Terriyaki Sauce/Tomato Sauce/Dry Sherry (Cantonese tip is that Tomato Sauce changes its flavour totally when heated > lycopene I think)

Discussion Topics (of any interest) for R32 GT-R 21st B'Day readers included:-

* PI Mag Issue #133 authored by Matt aka God_speed

* Motive DVD #12 by the team of Andrew aka JET200

* Organisers' Certificates signed by both Terry Ashwood and Jim Richards

Footnote:-

If you're fortunate enough to be going to "A Night With Jim Richards" aka "A Night Of Legends" to-day, take along something that can be signed if you like > Autographs of Jim Richards, Alan Heaphy & Terry Ashwood

• 3 months later...

Next "Performance Imports" Magazine will feature the...

R32 GT-R 21st Anniversary Celebration

with expert Photography by Phil (of Fast4s) and Eric Tang

with SAU's own authored article by God_speed as well as Jason Round

Next "Performance Imports" Magazine will feature the...

R32 GT-R 21st Anniversary Celebration

with expert Photography by Phil (of Hot4s)

with SAU's own authored article by God_speed as well as Jason Round

Received my copy of PI in the mail today (it's issue #133, with a dark blue Garage Kagotani s8 RX7 on the front cover) - great article by Matt (God_speed), and great photos too! Awesome work!

30 Great Pics in P.I. #133 :thumbsup:

with great quotes like these...

"Those GT-Rs are race cars, not touring cars"

by Jason Round's observation of a 1992 Bathurst 1000 pre-race interview.

"Despite these cars being some 20 years old now, their ability to inspire confidence in adverse conditions has barely diminished."

by Matt Tung-Yep (aka God_speed)

"In my opinion, Skylines Australia has always been something of a perfect club."

by Ed's Perspective

"Collectible souvenirs from this occasion include the cover story featured in CARSGuide in the Daily Telegraph 8/10/10, this article in Performance Imports Magazine, a feature in the upcoming Motive DVD and professional photographs available through the club."

by Matt Tung-Yep and Jason Round

• 3 weeks later...

My copy of Motive 11, just arrived. Nice article and nicely spoken Terry!! :D

The spokesman can't crack a smile Kat!

That's what Maria said when she saw it.

Tried to explain how editing works > smile-no-show.

But she still thinks I'm a nasty piece of wk. :/ > :P

PI Mag #133 available now at newsagents! Pages 84-89 and as Nick said, "Great Article by Matt"

Motive DVD #11 available at Easter at newsagents! Over 7 mins on this Celebration + footage of rare Skylines! Andrew Hawkins did a great job!

• 4 weeks later...

If you want a souvenir...

MOTIVE DVD #11 with the SAU.NSW R32 GT-R 21st Anniv Celebration is out to-day!

S.A has had this for 2.5 wks