SAU Community

R32 Gt-r 21st Anniversary Wrap-up Thread

GTR-N1

damn straight....in fact we got to watch 2 bathursts!

LOL...

I walk into the theatre 1/3 of the way thru' the main feature and think WTF? Crompton in a Holden? Oh No! Red/White/Blue livery? SH!T!

Yes, as Steve-O mentioned...

Many thanks must surely go to...

1) Top Secret Imports and their contributions with music.

2) Just Jap for their stand and team efforts

3) Terry Ashwood for coming down from Queensland just for our event - and he didn't even complain about the '91 Bathurst either

4) The Organising Committee as mentioned already by Steve-O who looked after o'night car security/award certificates/networking/flyers

5) kuma_j ie John who went to so much detail on the Prize for Best R32 GT-R of the 1:10 exact replica of the winfield R32 Race Car right down to tow hooks

6) NISSAN Aust Marketing Div - James Stavely for a loan of NISSAN signage + Nissan (Navara) T-shirts, caps, can thermo's

7) The Edge Cinema who were so accommodating that they didn't just allow us usage of the forecourt, they washed the whole glass facade

8) David Fitzsimons from the Daily Telegraph for stitching up a brilliant keepsake article on 8/10/10 about the R32 GT-R and our event

9) Meguair's for 6 lovely door prizes + 1 expensive pack for Best Interstate Car yet to be collected by someone named GTRKat

10) Armorall for 6 full size car care products (if you can include a chamois)

11) Motive DVD for covering the event at the start and finish and 'dragging' along Fast Fours staff to see what we at SAU do + Motive DVD Prizes

12) Performance Imports Magazine where Jason Round, photographer Eric and our own SAU member/fellow Organiser Matt will engineer an article

13) Chevron DVD/Channel 7 for allowing us at SAU to screen the '92 (and part '91) Bathurst 1000

14) C.A.M.S. for helping to cover the backsides of this event > and they wished us well without a 100kg penalty

15) People, fellow SAUers like us who came all the way from Victoria, Queensland, Aust Capital Territory, Albury, Central/South Coast and Country NSW to make this Event so successful as well as you Sydneysiders who have been great hosts too.

16) NSW Police who wished us well in our event.... from Superintendent McWhirter down the chain...

Best R32 GT-R Prize was the 1:10 Replica of the winfield R32 GT-R Race Car + Gold engaved plaque + "R32.GTR" number plate + Motive DVDs

Best R32 GT-R Concours Prize (yet to be collected) was the 1:18 die-cast numbered model of the BP/Trampio R32 GT-R + Plaque + "R32.GTR" plate + Motive DVD

Best R32 (non gt-r) Prize was the 1:18 die-cast limited edition model of the Calsonic R32 GT-R + Gold Plaque + "R32.GTR" number plate + Motive DVD

Best Interstate Prize is a sealed Meguair's pack (yet to be collected)

Booby Prize of a pink show plate "BLOND" which has to be displayed upside-down, because the locator holes are purpose-drilled along the bottom (yet to be collected)

^^^ Matt or Eric will post up Winners with attached Pics I'm sure.

Many thanks for your mentions on behalf of the fellow organisers, but I'm humbled because everyone had such a good time. :D

Top notch effort by all involved - you have done SAU:NSW proud. THis is the kind of coverage that our club deserves and I am sure that a lot of positives have come from another fantastic SAU:NSW event - Congratulations to Terry and everyone involved once again :D

• Like 1

One word summed the day up - Awesome

Thanks to the fellow organisers (particularly Terry, and Eric who did all the pro camera work) and especially to everyone who turned up on the day with their polished and waxed beasts - where do you begin? Everything from a KPGC10 to not one but 3 R35s, a strong representation of built R32s such as Brian's that took the top gong... a mint, original Aus-delivered R32 owned (previously) by none other than Skaifey himself, and a Z-tune no less. But it was great to see all sorts of skylines there, not just the special models. Other stand outs for me were the white 33R with black time-attack style rims, neat and tidy silver 33R following me, and the silver R32 four door.

The drive up was also fantastic and kudos to what must have been close to 200 attendees for keeping everything above board... with the exception of that one attention-seeking hero leaving the carpark.

The Edge also went above and beyond (minor projectionist hiccup notwithstanding) to cater for us and I'm glad everyone seemed to have a great time. :thumbsup:

Traffic also didn't seem too bad at all? Slept well last night all the same!

Kat, we'll be in touch re: your car :) Thanks to all interstaters who made the massive trek out in the wet.

Trivia Time...

Eric kindly informed an Astra owner (at Tench Reserve) that there'd be a few Skylines parked around him for a while.

He replied with, "I don't care for your piece 'o sh!t jap cars anyways" :rant:

At the end of the feature film, when quite a few got up to go, Matt who's been workin' out, was standing at the exit door sayin',..

"Do you really want to leave? The presentations are on now" as if...

"I'm the bouncer that keeps you on the inside" :)

And guess what? Those people stayed and won a nice Meguiar's pack anyway.

During the speeches, we commented on how the film took so long when...

someone in the back row retorted, "I'm waiting for the '93 Bathurst" :P

Jack from TSI says that guys from the EVO club are just a tad jealous of what's going on around SAU :thumbsup:

Duncan's response to winning a Navara pack was embarrassing to any little kids watching on :P

Apparently lots of pies were cold ;) . Their machinery couldn't cope with the demand!

Some poor soul in Group #3 got a flat > couldn't get the wheel off; so Organiser Sean transported 3x up to the Edge.

They left before we could ask if they'd obtained some tools > Hope they're home now :/

Trivia Time...

At the end of the feature film, when quite a few got up to go, Matt who's been workin' out, was standing at the exit door sayin',..

"Do you really want to leave? The presentations are on now" as if...

"I'm the bouncer that keeps you on the inside" :thumbsup:

And guess what? Those people stayed and won a nice Meguiar's pack anyway.

Really needed someone more Benm's size or Blake's size to be more successful at stopping the handful that left I think. :)

Seeking feedback folks: This was the first SAU event I've attended where we did door prizes. I thought people really liked it - I mean we all can't spend $11ty on our cars to make them 1st in show.

What do the people think?

Seeking feedback folks: This was the first SAU event I've attended where we did door prizes. I thought people really liked it - I mean we all can't spend $11ty on our cars to make them 1st in show.

I had to leave before the end but think it was a great idea. :thumbsup:

i had to leave early also due to other commitments but yeah i fully supported the idea of door prizes

Yeah shame BenM wasnt there at the end......CAUSE HE WOULDVE WON ONE OF THE PRIZES HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hahaha really?? He left when I did... Charlie was about to go back in, but he was like nah we gotta go :)

Thanks for an awesome day guys, enjoyed the drive with the 'leftovers' although it was mainly R34s which was good, and the set up at the Edge with the cars and sponsors was awesome. Due to lack of sleep I was struggling to keep my eyes open for Bathurst but made it thru to the end hehe, and it was cool to see the big cheer go up in the cinema when Jim delivered his famous line :P

Panthers the night before was fun too... even if it was ganga central LOL

Great weekend!!! :thumbsup:

Great cruise-great event, I also had to leave early but I could have drooled over some of those cars for hrs, so much time and effort in the 32GTRs, wish I had a GTR32 not a 33(gts-boat-t) now, JEBUS- The red one, the ADM one, uncle Duncs race car, I need to win lotto and have at least 3 of them, 1 race car-1 shinny big HP car and 1 overpowered skid machine for LOL.

Never seen so many R32 GTRs in the one place, to the owners a big THANKYOU.

On a side note I reacon I would look pretty good thrashing that R34 Z tune, nice car.....

Hey guys,

Firstly a HUGE thanks to;

Terry (aka Terry_r34_GTR)

Katrina (aka GTRKat)

Shehan (aka OHY34H)

Matt (aka God_Speed)

Shanil (aka SHANE666)

Eric (aka Pezhead)

Bobby (aka NISMO)

Eugene (aka JDM_Performance)

Genelle (aka Humbla)

Dave (aka Aggroman)

Also a notable thanks to Terry Ashwood and Rod Markland, owners of two GTR's from the feature film

Great to see some VERY clean GTR's in attendance, aswel as a ZTune!

Some prizes weren't able to be collected, Terry will post up details about those.

Let's see pics from all the photographers! :(

Cheers all

-Steve

SAUNSW President

It's times like this i wish everything didn't go to sh*t and i could've kept organising it...oh well...dems the breaks....still have an R33 cruise to have lol..

someone please do me a favour tho and write an article for performance imports..it'd be cool if we could get each Anniversary cruise in there!