SAU Community

What To Expect From A Tune?

BLACKGTR33

unless your after something in particular you dont really need to ask for anything other than a tune as they should know what they are doing. should be done after doing mods and it should make use of them additions to give you some gains whist still being safe on the engine.

Hey guys just wondering what you guys ask for and expect from the tuner when you take the car in to get tuned.

It also depends on what u want changed on the car aswell ! Eg You might want ur turbo to come on boost a little early then what it's doing at present or u might want better fuel economy . You gotta work out what u & the tuner can do together , a little bit of team work so to say !

It also depends on what u want changed on the car aswell ! Eg You might want ur turbo to come on boost a little early then what it's doing at present or u might want better fuel economy . You gotta work out what u & the tuner can do together , a little bit of team work so to say !

So every time you get a mod you gotta get a tune?? I haven't had a tune since I got my 32 the only mods I have is cooler, bov spitfire coilpacks? Do I need a remap?

you dont need a re-map from those mods as they are just supporting mods and wont really affect how the ecu works. things like air flow sensor, injectors, higher boost from turbo, adjustments to fuel pressure etc so its worthwhile doing a few mods at once to cut down on visits to the tuner

you can probably answer your own question there.. are u asking because your taking your car in for a tune? if so, what are you getting it tuned for? does it not run nicely? have you made some modifications and now your chasing more power? thats generally what a tune is for.

in terms of what you ask for, that really depends what you want and what the capabilities of your engine are. anyone tuning your vehicle should be discussing all the relevant details with you before they start playing with the car.

maybe elaborate on what your setup is, and why your thinking of getting a tune in the first place?

you dont need a re-map from those mods as they are just supporting mods and wont really affect how the ecu works. things like air flow sensor, injectors, higher boost from turbo, adjustments to fuel pressure etc so its worthwhile doing a few mods at once to cut down on visits to the tuner

ah ok thanks mate this my first import um well need a tune soon once diff is fixed due running rough as. Cheers again

ah ok thanks mate this my first import um well need a tune soon once diff is fixed due running rough as. Cheers again

it may not be tune related, could be fuel or ignition dramas for example but if it hasnt been on the dyno since you bought it, then it would be a good idea to make sure the last owner didnt have it running on the edge

So every time you get a mod you gotta get a tune?? I haven't had a tune since I got my 32 the only mods I have is cooler, bov spitfire coilpacks? Do I need a remap?

Don't expect a tune to magically fix existing problems, you should only be getting it tuned when it's running perfectly. I've bolded what the problem most likely is.

yeah a tune won't fix what is making the car run poorly. it will simply mask the problem. if the car is running rough then it means there is a mechanical/electrical issue causing it to run rough and you need to sort that out before getting it tuned.