SAU Community

Damaged Front Mount Intercooler Question

G4orce

Hey guys,

Iv been running a cheepy Hybrid chinese front mount intercooler on my car as thats what the car had came with..

A mate gave me a genuine Hybrid cooler which came of one of hes cars as he is a car importer,

but it has a little bit of damage on the inside of the cooler which cant be seen when you put it on the car...

Iv taken some pics of the cooler and just wondering

Would this this cooler leak as its not much damage and the rest of the cooler looks perfect? would it effect performance?

anyone else running a cooler with a bitv damage like that?

Thinking of putting it on as im sure it flow allot better than a chinese hybrid copy but unsure if it will leak..

Thanks guys.

91974329.jpg

leak.jpg

37923791.jpg

Edited by G4orce

Just read this on the Garret website

How significant is a leak in my intercooler?

For an air-to-air intercooler, a leak, as long as it is not a significantly large one, will not hinder performance at all. However, if an air-to-water intercooler develops a leak in the main core, it could lead to other more significant problems with the engine itself. Be sure to fix these problems as soon as they occur to prevent other damage.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarre...er/faqs.html#t3

i guarantee you've got more air leaking out of your intercooler/inlet at the moment then that intercooler has on its own. it doesnt look like its leaking any air, its just got some bent tubes.

• 2 weeks later...