SAU Community

Free R32 Custom Fibreglass Subbox - Adelaide Pickup Only

Anyone who's worked with fibreglass before will understand just how much time, effort and materials went into this box design. It's now just taking up room so thought i'd offer it up to anyone interested. The box shape and angles look a bit strange in these photos but that's because it was custom designed to slot perfectly into the space behind the rear seats. Unfortunately i don't have any pictures of finished product in the car but have included one of the build. It fits with the standard trim in place.

Notes of interest:

- moulded to fit into the area above the fuel tank behind the back seat. Uses space which is normally wasted to minimise impact on boot space. Doesn't interfere with spare tyre

- The box is 100% sealed (tested with water) and measures 42L which suits many 12" subs for a sealed enclosure. Really tight responsive bass from this box.

- The 3mm MDF skin was used to hold the complex initial shape, but the FRP gives it incredible strength and a low weight of under 10kg

- Box allows for a strut brace to run through the middle! This was to suit a nismo strut brace but should work with others that use round tube brace (not the flat bar type).

- Amp mounting surface has been recessed into box so you can have the sub and amp flush mounted with a panel to cover everything else. I didn't get around to building the panel but can show you how (i'm an ex qualified stereo installer). If you want an easier solution you could cover the box in carpet (which is very easy to do ) and it would still look professional and neat.

Please email me on [email protected] rather than PM if you're interested. Pickup available anytime in next couple weeks.

Cheers

Wegs

post-16206-1287197747_thumb.jpg

post-16206-1287197868_thumb.jpg

post-16206-1287197878_thumb.jpg

post-16206-1287198456_thumb.jpg

Edited by wegs

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Its also very clearly made to take business away from https://theskylineshed.com/ which is legitimate and even has a physical address.
    • The 'About Us' got me ..  I added something to the cart and clicked 'check out' and none of the payment options in the footer (ie those with buyer protection) were available. Stay the hell away from this one.
    • No. Not true for any non-GTR R32. I think even the GTS4 has the GTSt knuckles with eye type lower shock mounts (as opposed to GTR fork lower shock mounts). The only R chassis in which something like the quote claim is true is the R34, on which the turbos have the fork type and the NAs have the eye type. **Edit: Actually I reserve the right to be wrong about the above statement. It might also be true on R33s. My memory on those shitboxen has faded too much.
    • It's a scam. It has all the telltale signs: - The "business" doesn't have a physical address or really any kind of information listed - It's using a generic online store website template - The prices are ridiculously reduced. To good to be true cheap - Everything is in stock and can be ordered in any possible combination   I've seen a few of these for other products as well. Things like sunglasses for example. I'd say stay away from it! And maybe reach out to the real theskylineshed and let them know this exists. I doubt there is much they can do about it, but still.   I don't know if they would actually take your money if you ordered something. Or whether it is just for collecting credit card details to scam otherwise. I'm not game or stupid enough to try it.
    • Hi guys has anyone ever bought from this website theskylineshed.shop?? Not theskylineshed.com as I’m aware there is 2 similar but different sites.     has anyone had any issues with theskylineshed.shop???