SAU Community

Buying A Stag!

That may explain why my 2006 S2 M35 250RX FOUR doesn't have a fluid reservoir behind the storage locker in the boot of the drivers side. I wondered where it might be now. With an electromagnetic clutch, I guess that makes it redundant?

Thats absolutely correct. They run a system used on the G35x (a sedan in the states, like our V35, but with AWD). There is no fluid, pumps etc. It also makes turning it RWD VERY easy :P

(you might want to have a look at zei20l's signature for details)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots to think about lol, I think that a 350 is out of reach sadly, and i think this is gonna become my play car sooner or later :P so yeah just wondering now what would people do, spend the extra and get an axis or buy cheaper and get a arx or 250 and do some mods, i know its a kind of depends on the person but just want opinions :P Thanks for input so far all the advie is good

Lots to think about lol, I think that a 350 is out of reach sadly, and i think this is gonna become my play car sooner or later :P so yeah just wondering now what would people do, spend the extra and get an axis or buy cheaper and get a arx or 250 and do some mods, i know its a kind of depends on the person but just want opinions :P Thanks for input so far all the advie is good

its much of a muchness when you talking stock , apart from look and luxury options.

I personally wish i didnt get an RX and got an RS4 or an AXIS that i knew had the satnav and other features but i got mine quite cheap.

axis look nice, come with all the satnav so its a good platform to start. but so is an RS 4 in the m35's also, wheras arx's have limited suspension upgrades and im my opinion (dont be offended arx owners) look a bit stupid riding like an suv and the plastic arches look a bit taccy.. but its really personal preference. as far as performance goes .. stock theyre much of a muchness right through the model ranges. that is with the vq25det models (unless you get an impul or something with an aftermarket ecu)

the most important thing is whichever one you choose has low kms and isnt thrashed.

thats my two cents anyway.

Edited by PetroDola

its much of a muchness when you talking stock , apart from look and luxury options.

I personally wish i didnt get an RX and got an RS4 or an AXIS that i knew had the satnav and other features but i got mine quite cheap.

axis look nice, come with all the satnav so its a good platform to start. but so is an RS 4 in the m35's also, wheras arx's have limited suspension upgrades and im my opinion (dont be offended arx owners) look a bit stupid riding like an suv and the plastic arches look a bit taccy.. but its really personal preference. as far as performance goes .. stock theyre much of a muchness right through the model ranges. that is with the vq25det models (unless you get an impul or something with an aftermarket ecu)

the most important thing is whichever one you choose has low kms and isnt thrashed.

thats my two cents anyway.

Thanks, dumb question but how can u tell if has satnav? looking online cause sadly canberra doesnt have any importers :P

just so you know the RX is 'superior' to the RS. RX gained a few extra features over RS. This would be in the 'series 1' M35. Wow, we have series 1 and 2 like the other stagea. whatever that is called :P

Satnav is useless, but its a screen that has plenty of possibilities ;) can be seen with a row of japanese buttons above the aircon controls, also a button in the centre to pop the screen up. Im told the 'series 2' M35 has a motorised screen similar to the series 2 V35. am i correct?

have to agree the series 2 M35 has a better interior than our lowly series 1 :P but we have turbo :)

Ah so all the screen ones are sat nav, knew was a dumb question lol, thinking i want leather interior and sunroofs if possible :P any importers to steer clear of? looking at nagoyamotors for the 5yr warranty side of things, and a bit cheaper if buying in transit ;) quick question how much do hiflows cost roughly and what turbo is it in the stag :P

Satnav is useless, but its a screen that has plenty of possibilities :) can be seen with a row of japanese buttons above the aircon controls, also a button in the centre to pop the screen up. Im told the 'series 2' M35 has a motorised screen similar to the series 2 V35. am i correct?

You got that one right... the screen is motorized.. lol

Ah so all the screen ones are sat nav, knew was a dumb question lol, thinking i want leather interior and sunroofs if possible :) any importers to steer clear of? looking at nagoyamotors for the 5yr warranty side of things, and a bit cheaper if buying in transit :D quick question how much do hiflows cost roughly and what turbo is it in the stag :D

I don't know about dealers to steer clear of but the one dealer that most M35 Stagea owners would recommend is Northshore Prestige. His cars are not necessarily the cheapest but the are the best quality cars around and 100% genuine. The best part is the service is genuine and you are not forgotten the moment you drive the car off the lot.

Most of the used car warranties are very specific about what they cover, quite limited in what they will cover and once you start modding your car.

Cheers

Andy

just so you know the RX is 'superior' to the RS. RX gained a few extra features over RS. This would be in the 'series 1' M35. Wow, we have series 1 and 2 like the other stagea. whatever that is called :)

Satnav is useless, but its a screen that has plenty of possibilities :D can be seen with a row of japanese buttons above the aircon controls, also a button in the centre to pop the screen up. Im told the 'series 2' M35 has a motorised screen similar to the series 2 V35. am i correct?

have to agree the series 2 M35 has a better interior than our lowly series 1 :D but we have turbo :)

yeap i got gipped on the satnav but i got cream leather.. it looks nice but its sticky as when its hot without seat covers.

there is a dealer on parramatta road to avoid. i got my car from there and had problems (not their fault) but what WAS their fault was their attitude to fixing the problems and the length of time it took them and the 5 times i took it back for the same problem.

anyway PM me for it, or work out where i purchased my car from and dont get one from there :)

+2349875634985760456089423658 for Northshore Prestige

there is a dealer on parramatta road to avoid. i got my car from there and had problems (not their fault) but what WAS their fault was their attitude to fixing the problems and the length of time it took them and the 5 times i took it back for the same problem.

anyway PM me for it, or work out where i purchased my car from and dont get one from there :)

+2349875634985760456089423658 for Northshore Prestige

It wouldn't be this dealer here perhaps?

I've always thought this guy had no idea what he was selling i.e. NEON V6, 350Z interior, Active Yaw, DVD ROM that plays CD's etc etc.

Edited by Spong

Nope not them, but its another dealer that puts youtube videos that also doesnt know much about the car.

The father (whom the company is named after) says our stageas have a 2.5L VQ35 turbo engine!

Would you buy a car from someone who knows nothing about them?

Wow, we have series 1 and 2 like the other stagea. whatever that is called :D

Im told the 'series 2' M35 has a motorised screen similar to the series 2 V35. am i correct?

have to agree the series 2 M35 has a better interior than our lowly series 1 :( but we have turbo :)

@ series 2 - yeah - I'm forever getting hopeful when a series 2 is mentioned - only to find its a C34 :(

Ah so all the screen ones are sat nav, knew was a dumb question lol, thinking i want leather interior and sunroofs if possible :P any importers to steer clear of? looking at nagoyamotors for the 5yr warranty side of things, and a bit cheaper if buying in transit :D quick question how much do hiflows cost roughly and what turbo is it in the stag :P

Sounds like you'll be in a NM35 AXIS with those features. You can get a warranty from any dealer, most you can just pay for/ get them to chuck it in. Generally its an aftermarket warranty- but just look at what it covers and for how much before you jump in - they aren't like a factory warranty. Choose 1/3/5 yrs etc etc.

I don't know about dealers to steer clear of but the one dealer that most M35 Stagea owners would recommend is Northshore Prestige. His cars are not necessarily the cheapest but the are the best quality cars around and 100% genuine. The best part is the service is genuine and you are not forgotten the moment you drive the car off the lot.

+1 :D

Are the Series one screens not motorized...? just a pop up one is it? I didn't know that, but plus one for the Series 2 :P

As said before - the sat nav is useless - you CAN convert I think, but the money involved you'd be silly, you just buy a tom tom et al...

Its not really a conversion. Just using the factory screen but its driven by a 3rd party satnav, not the stock one that has been 'converted'

so far away, but looks like the russians can do anything :D

and yes, we have a button on our screens that pop them up. but its spring loaded and not smooth at all

Its not really a conversion. Just using the factory screen but its driven by a 3rd party satnav, not the stock one that has been 'converted'

so far away, but looks like the russians can do anything :D

Thanks - Cleared that up.

I hope I can get a English conversion soon, there are things in my computer I can't wait to see what they are! One I think, is even a restaurant guide- i think its linked with sat nav though, otherwise I'd be able to tell you the best sushi in downtown Osaka is....

The motorised screen is good. Works well, and is smooth- just hope it stays that way!

Sounds like you'll be in a NM35 AXIS with those features.

You can get navi screen, dual sun roof and leather on all models. Just the leather varies on each.

Instance - my 2001 RS has navi screen, reversing camera, heated elec seats, black leather interior etc... basically every normal option except sun roof (which I would love to have) and rear LSD.

I hope I can get a English conversion soon, there are things in my computer I can't wait to see what they are!

I think I recall Andy saying that the English conversion for the series 2 should be available this year...

You can get navi screen, dual sun roof and leather on all models. Just the leather varies on each.

Instance - my 2001 RS has navi screen, reversing camera, heated elec seats, black leather interior etc... basically every normal option except sun roof (which I would love to have) and rear LSD.

I think I recall Andy saying that the English conversion for the series 2 should be available this year...

Nice to know - to tell you the truth, the model separation completely baffles me. RS v RX, when they all have different options! When I was looking, it seemed like the most likely car to have leather/sunroof was the Axis- I didn't want either of those options in my car for personal reasons.

Oh, and Fingers crossed for the conversion!

Edited by PN-Mad

Nope not them, but its another dealer that puts youtube videos that also doesnt know much about the car.

The father (whom the company is named after) says our stageas have a 2.5L VQ35 turbo engine!

Would you buy a car from someone who knows nothing about them?

Edward Lee's? Almost got sucked into buying a 180sx from them early last year, came to my senses before spending the money though.

So many bad stories about a lot of the places on parramatta road though, most of them are as bad as each other.