SAU Community

Winton Family Fun Day

slinky-minky

Hey everyone,

Found this on the Winton site, and thought I'd pass it on, my partner & I are heading up their with some friends in his FTO. I won't be taking my Skyline..it's a non turbo...

Winton Family Fun Day- Sunday 12th of December 2010- $30

Can go 80% of driver & car capacity.

Chanz

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

Found this on the Winton site, and thought I'd pass it on, my partner & I are heading up their with some friends in his FTO. I won't be taking my Skyline..it's a non turbo...

Winton Family Fun Day- Sunday 12th of December 2010- $30

Can go 80% of driver & car capacity.

Chanz

Why not take the Skyline? Just because it doesn't have massive power doesn't mean you can't race it, especially on a more technical track like Winton. Head up there, learn the lines, the braking points, feel how your car handles, etc.

Yeah this is true I went to the last one of these and it was way to crowded you could get 1 good lap in if you were at the front of the line then it was peak hour traffic and to many slow cars since anything that has 4 wheels pretty much enters.

Why not take the Skyline? Just because it doesn't have massive power doesn't mean you can't race it, especially on a more technical track like Winton. Head up there, learn the lines, the braking points, feel how your car handles, etc.

thats true, last one i went to there was a few hyundais and vw golfs xr6's etc its a "fun day"

Really? You wouldn't think people would take their family cars up there. We've never been to one before, been to a test and tune, that wasn't bad.

It's not so much it's lack of turbo that bothers me, my car has enough power for what I want... but it's very embarrassing cruising around in a Skyline with a huge ding in it....my back left has a flared guard now :P How I hate stupid big 'cars' with bull bars, apparently silver is a very hard colour to see.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sooo, who went to Winton today? We cruised up there in the FTO, been doing too many Km's in the 34 lately. 1500 kms a week is to much for my poor baby.

Any one see us?

its Brenton typing now: wasnt a bad day except that 2nd drivers breifing because some1thought it was a destruction derby haha, saw a white stagea but it was pretty slow(did c 2 though) few skylines including a purple r33gtr that the dude wanted an oil cap because he lost his and had to get back 2 ballarat.

1st time around i passed this white r34 but i think it must have been a non turbo, any1 here? had green p plates, few nice cars including a silver gtr r33 that was pretty damn fast any1 here?

subaru spun which was cool 2 watch, blue evo was off its head and there was this green supercharged vs commodore that sounded like crap and was slow an full of rats too lol.

ooh yeah there was a stock as a rock corrolla, eb 6cyl auto ford driven by a l plater and laser that were slowing every1 down not to mention the overweight mullet wearing kid L plater in the 6 cylinder holden hq? wagon with 1 of those paper airfilters sticking out of the bonnet, it was as funny as it was sad lol.

anyway who went and what car were u in (colour 2)???????

post-75520-0-08421600-1292143697_thumb.jpg

saw a white stagea but it was pretty slow

haha dont knock it its completely standard.. there was a slowish session out there my missus was driving she got black flagged for spinning hahaha!

yeh i saw u dude i was parked behind ya in line for one of the passanger sessions

imo, far too many cars and a stock stagea is a joke on a track