SAU Community

Another Problem R33 93...

johnnnnnyboi

hey guys in my r33 i was finally taking it for a drive tonight to go pump up the tyres get a full thing of petrol etc after getting it to drive. when i noticed the muffler was really rough sounded like a rex... and call me stupid but you can usually tell a difference.. well i can, theres no shit coming out of the exhaust it runs fine hey no black/white or any smoke comin out nice and smooth

anywayyyyy first of all there is no bloody power when i put my foot down its still using the turbo and stuff cause the bov lets go when i let go etc, but it really is going no where and is shakey, i realise the most problems come when im in second going for hard acceleration from first gear like 3/4 rev then shift to second to continue with foot down but what happens when i have my foot down is there is a huge RUSH of air that lets out then the accelerator/throttle stops working, like there is no pressure when i put my foot down, so then i let go come to a stop put it back in gear and it drives still but it has no balls! if i drive it accelerating slowly its fine...

I replaced the timing belt, spark plugs, radiator hoses, radiator fluid, fuel lines, fuel filter, oil filter, oil, got fuel injector cleaner, new pod.

Figured id let you know what i replaced so you can possibly give me a diagnosis as to whats happening. If they inter-relate or not

Help asap would be appreciated cause ive spent months trying to get the car back on the road so the sooner the better cheers.

Maybe the timing is out? just want to check with others to be sure cause i dont want to rip everything off the car again cause we all know thats not fun...

cheers.

Edited by johnnnnnyboi

Sounding like a rex? Usually means youve dropped a cylinder. Coilpacks perhaps.

i had the same problem it was coilpacks that solved the lack of cylinder problem just take one spark plug lead off at a time to figure out which cylinder isnt firing (the guilty culprit when the lead is removed the engine revs/sound will not change) as for the air escapin i also am having that problem cleaning the air flow meter and air flow meter conections made a big improvement.... if u have a boost guage is it reading high (over boost) that caused my car to fuel cut when my waste gate played up