SAU Community

Looking at this car in QLD:

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat...3&silo=1011

The sender sent me the import docs:

Can anyone tell me what they say? Anything of interest? I can see it said it had 32k KM....this was back in 2005. hmmm....

compliance done by Longden Enterprise. Are they reputable?

img007.pdf

img008.pdf

Edited by ironpaw

i don't get it... why is any of this a concern to you as a potential buyer?? i am confused.. you can see condition of the car.. you know how many km it's traveled..

...what is the relevance of the documents?? and what does it matter if longden compliance's work is reliable or not if it was complied in 2005..

if you are able to inspect the car - then DO that... a small flight ticket is a small price to pay for peace of mind in these instances.. but then again only do that if you KNOW what you're looking for..

and remember.. you're looking at buying a CAR.. not paperwork..

i don't get it... why is any of this a concern to you as a potential buyer?? i am confused.. you can see condition of the car.. you know how many km it's traveled..

...what is the relevance of the documents?? and what does it matter if longden compliance's work is reliable or not if it was complied in 2005..

if you are able to inspect the car - then DO that... a small flight ticket is a small price to pay for peace of mind in these instances.. but then again only do that if you KNOW what you're looking for..

and remember.. you're looking at buying a CAR.. not paperwork..

Well, no, I don't really know what to look for. So you're saying that these papers are irrelevant, yet alot of people stress the "history" of the car is important; that its beneficial to check out the import paperwork.

And now you're saying its not. And you're saying that the reputation of a compliance workshop has no relevance to the condition of a car, even though you mentioned in another thread that the compliance done on your Soarers was not acceptable. Well, I would think that if compliance wasn't carried out (fluids flushed/changed) correctly, then the drivetrain condition would be affected down the road?

Like you said - its only worthwhile for me to inspect the car IF I knew WTF I was doing, which I frankly admit I don't know a whole alot apart from the basics, and that which has been mentioned on here.

Ok, another scenario. There's a R34 in Melb - imported/complied/registered in July. Rang the owner. He's got no compliance/import paperwork. Doesn't know where car was complied. Claimed he bought it off a friend and that he wants to sell it to buy a BMW. under such circumstances, would you purchase a vehicle based on inspection/test drive alone? I'm inclined to think something there's something dodgy with this car if its imported recently yet there is no paperwork for anything...

^^^^ That last scenario is correct.

Given that the car was imported in 2005, it's entirely possible that it had those kms on it when it arrived in Australia, but as far as verifying mileage goes, the documents they've sent you don't make a very convincing case either way.

The fact that the owner has held on to them for 5 years, however, points to someone who keeps their documents in order, which usually also points to a well serviced car. I think it's worth going over to have a look at it. The paperwork's not ideal but it's better than most.

Yeah it's better than what you'd get in say scenario two... Where you have a fresh import that has no paperwork...

Sorry if what I said earlier seemed callous or abrasive what I was trying to say was... If the compliance work has been done then it's been done..

Also.. Car's now on 90xxxkm and was on 32xxx when it was imported in 05... So basically.. Any issues from japan or fluid changes should have been carried out or replaced during it's time in Australia.. In short... Five years on and 60xxx km later... A few Japanese characters on a PDF file lose their relevance .. The Australian service history and documents are now what's important :) and if this owner has kept 5 year old Japanese docs then most likely he's kept aust docs too

As for me whinging about compliance... My issues were a bit stickier.. In that (if I may be so bold as to disclose details) the evidence package (itemized reciept claiming works performed) were incorrect and weren't conclusive with the physical cars../

Edit none of the below are things that happened these are just examples of possibilities... All I'm saying is.. Let's say trans n brake fluid was replaced in compliance.. That's irrelevant now cos it should've been changed again by now anyway

This sounds bad to you I'm sure but all it means is car may not have a third child safety bracket installed.. Or it may mean certain corners were cut to save money.. Doesn't mean I get a worse car.. It doesn't mean my car is worth any less money or that it has shady history.. it just causes massive headache for me at registration inspection...

So to summarize yes import docs have relevance but in this instance... Because the car has probably spent the most of it's life and travelled most of it's distance in aust... The Australian history is most important

The Melbourne case however... Being a ten year old car that's only been here a matter of months then he'll yeah the jap docs are important

Edited by Mr Eps

its pretty irrelevant what the compliance was like on a car done 5 years ago . most of it is servicing , testing , documentation .

I wouldn't give to much weight to auction km either

inspect the car , its condition is the most important thing . no good having a pig that has good service history. if you don't know what to look for get someone who does to check it. not saying service history isnt important , but sometimes cars look good on paper but in reality are not what they are cracked up to be . inspect thoroughly

Edited by autoworx

^^^this

which is why i always say - you're buying a CAR not paperwork..

(i really need to stop saying that. it's becoming like a tourette's twitch, my work colleagues are starting to worry) (who am i kidding i've been unemployed for two days now *cries* )

haha

but yeah - back on topic.. you were asking what those papers mean - we told you they have little to no relevance ... which...

while it's true - doesn't really answer your question.. which was "can we read this japanese stuff"

sooooo

you can pay a uni student to read it for you -

my advice is - take chris out for a day - he's a wealth of knowledge.. so yeah - fly up to qld.. have a look at the car.. take chris with you but remember benevolence goes a long way, so take him out for tea too or go to a movie :)

My Car is getting Compliance at Longden, I have visited there and Micheal and Jesse really know there stuff and if you search the forum for Longden A.K.A ISASO, you will see very positive feedback, both the owners have Skyline so there enthusiasts as well

Why you bother about a compliance Job done 5 years ago on the other is beyond me :)