SAU Community

New Project - Need Input

toffy

which colour should i paint my new ceff  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

what's happening guys, Ok before i start slapping a driveline in this cef i bought , i figure i better decide what colour i want it painted (easier to paint engine bay without an engine :) ) , it's currently pearl white but the paint has seen better days so whilst i'm sorting panels i might aswell paint the lot (near impossible to match pearl white so i might aswell do the whole car) , what i'm having trouble with is deciding on a colour to paint it , in the poll i've put the choices that spring to mind the most but feel free to suggest another colour , i'll add some pics to give y'all an idea where i'm headed with it (Note : it will have final konexxion kit and rims with dish of some sort :) )

post-20231-1288621611_thumb.jpg

post-20231-1288621651_thumb.jpg

post-20231-1288621678_thumb.jpg

post-20231-1288621706_thumb.jpg

post-20231-1288621741_thumb.jpg

post-20231-1288621769_thumb.jpg

post-20231-1288621798_thumb.jpg

post-20231-1288621845_thumb.jpg

post-20231-1288621872_thumb.jpg

lol tryhard softy :)

nah baby blue would look excellent..

honestly - the colour of the car REALLY depends on what wheels the car s sitting on... so - what rims are you sitting on??

also - - - LOL at how i call it a metallic sand and how kris calls it metallic olive..

nobody knows waht that colour is called haha

but it's bloody awesome..

the toyota metallic red is nice.. but again - something like a red would only look good with work emotion XD9 in white..

..just sayin..

sooo yeah - what wheels are you wearing?? cos that will help you find your answer easier

well to start off it'll be wearing the vs-kfs but that'll change because i want 18's all round , whatever the next set are , they'll be in chrome and dish for pose factor , i'm not a fan of glaringly bright colours and it must match the car imo , i reckon i'll even go out n buy some of the non-projector lights , i never liked them before but for some reason i'm really liking them atm , that colour on the porsche is nice but i'm pretty over silver/grey after owning a s2 r33 for like 3 years (in grey) , the purple of my other ceff is awesome in the sunlight but looks pretty average out of sunlight imo being the reason i'm not that keen on respraying another the same colour . the car that's sticking out to me the most atm is the pearl white one in the pics(pic attatched) and my own in the sunlight :) , ok to picture where i'm headed , think chrome dish, super low , fk kit , ultra clean style , i'm bored of the cable tied drift hack look :)

chocky: there's a blue ceff that gets about my way in the same colour with some weird kit and std crv steelies, would look good with the right rims ;)

post-20231-1288794572_thumb.jpg

haha in that case anything low key..

with all that aero and wheel visuals youll have... your fiocus should shift to the addage.. old money whispers.. so anything soft spoken is win..

face it. you have one of the most unique cool cars imagineable. youre gonna have weds kranze LXZ (yeah you are gonna get these.)

youre gonna have a sick bodykit... the paint should just be a statement to turn it down a bit...

my personal pick is

white with black pearl to make the white look even whiter

with all that aero and wheel visuals youll have... your fiocus should shift to the addage.. old money whispers.. so anything soft spoken is win..

face it. you have one of the most unique cool cars imagineable. youre gonna have weds kranze LXZ (yeah you are gonna get these.)

youre gonna have a sick bodykit... the paint should just be a statement to turn it down a bit...

my personal pick is

yes, please get these, they would have to be my favourite wheels

youre gonna have weds kranze LXZ (yeah you are gonna get these.)the paint should just be a statement to turn it down a bit...

my personal pick is

exactly!! , not sure about black pearl , it may make it look dirty? , i can't think of anything i've seen black pearl on so i'll be into the paint shop today to check it out :)

post-49273-1288822632_thumb.jpg

post-49273-1288822604_thumb.jpg

theres the wheels and a colour toff

wheels = win , colour = win but the colour won't give that super clean look :S

pic of other wheels i was thinking of (but i like the weds better)

post-20231-1288825220_thumb.jpg

Edited by toffy

^^^are they veilside andrew V's??

or a china copy..

you have little to no hope of getting them if they're veilsides man..

and Jangles - well spotted.. that is pretty much the exact colour and wheels i suggested..

toff - end result will probably end up looking a bit like my car - except WAY better if you use Weds Kranze LXZ.

you'd be suprised what pearls result in colours to the naked eye..

for instance.. white paint with blue pearl:

bluehood.gif

Pearl white FTW.

Nissan QT1 - It has a nice silverish pearl to it.

Go crazy with clear coat - it will be niiiiice!

White generally "brings out" the features in the car.

Might cost you a kidney to paint though :)