SAU Community

Chaser Vs R34 Gtt Sedan

ironpaw

marc when you're done spewing your paragraph upon paragraph of close minded opinions...

it was an RB20DE+T setup.

high compression motor. still free revving. still higher torque than DET..

so it still had the torque and only had a small conservative setup for high response and not-much lag...

boost came in at about 2500rpm.. but it still had the torque of the DE head...

it was actually a very fast motor. i would never go standard 20 det. that engine was different.

to summarize. you're dumb.

anyway.. back OT. so. gonna get a lexus GS?

rb20DE are still a pathetic motor. even with a turbo bolted on.

I think the worlds quickest drag Skyline is marginally quicker than the best Supra.

skyline may be a pubic hair faster than the supra (0.02 of a second or something like that), but engine wise there are faster 2jz's than rb's. fastest rb powered car i think is in the low 7's. fastest 2jz powered car is mid 6's.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rb20DE are still a pathetic motor. even with a turbo bolted on.

skyline may be a pubic hair faster than the supra (0.02 of a second or something like that), but engine wise there are faster 2jz's than rb's. fastest rb powered car i think is in the low 7's. fastest 2jz powered car is mid 6's.

Sure it's a bigger displacement, but what has the better racing pedigree?

The difference to cars like newish corollas/mazda3s etc is that they feel like the throttle positions are more biassed towards light throttle. I reckon 1/3 throttle in a corolla is really opening the throttle body at 50+%. Cause you barely breathe on the thing and it takes off, but push the pedal further down and bugger all happens.

Sure it's a bigger displacement, but what has the better racing pedigree?

that more comes down to which car has a better racing pedigree? it would be the GTR because it has the advantage of 4wd. engine wise the 2jz is a better engine in it's stock form. it will handle more power in it's stock form thanks to having forged internals.

The difference to cars like newish corollas/mazda3s etc is that they feel like the throttle positions are more biassed towards light throttle. I reckon 1/3 throttle in a corolla is really opening the throttle body at 50+%. Cause you barely breathe on the thing and it takes off, but push the pedal further down and bugger all happens.

+1

With my dad's Corolla 10% throttle is like 50% throttle, so it gives you this false "illusion" that the car has some grunt... mash the paddle all the way to floor & sh*t all happens...

like the time I was on my way to kalgoorlie & was overtaking some 3 trailer semis going about 90km/h, change lanes, floor it 100%, car downshifts to 2nd, eng rev jumps to 5500rpm & makes a horrible buzzing sound, look at my speedo I haven't even gone over 100km/h yet...

+1

With my dad's Corolla 10% throttle is like 50% throttle, so it gives you this false "illusion" that the car has some grunt... mash the paddle all the way to floor & sh*t all happens...

like the time I was on my way to kalgoorlie & was overtaking some 3 trailer semis going about 90km/h, change lanes, floor it 100%, car downshifts to 2nd, eng rev jumps to 5500rpm & makes a horrible buzzing sound, look at my speedo I haven't even gone over 100km/h yet...

it's an auto corolla, what do you expect? lol

that more comes down to which car has a better racing pedigree? it would be the GTR because it has the advantage of 4wd. engine wise the 2jz is a better engine in it's stock form. it will handle more power in it's stock form thanks to having forged internals.

they do NOT have forged internals. I have seen a busted 2j piston and they are cast for sure. They will make 450rwkw before you start to get uncomfortable where as a 26 will be around 400rwkw before you start thinking rebuild. The 2j will likely last longer, after spending some time with the supra club up here we have learned that failures are every bit as common for them as they are for the people in our club. The 2j is more power productive and durable but it isnt by as much as people think.

• 2 months later...