SAU Community

QLD Whoretown...

predator

go front strut bar and sway bars.... front and back.... even with stand springs and shocks, you will still easily out manevour most cars....

you trying to get me broke?! :)

you keep giving me ideas to add more mods to the car, probably end up doing a RB25DET engine transplant and a T88 and nos.... :headspin:

• Replies 62.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chaos

• Ska

• BelGarion

• Nexus9

Top Posters In This Topic

but whats first?? i would go tyres cause yours were all over the place last thursday when you pushed them in the mountain

they are all over the place mountain or not

yeh but dont forget exhaust...will be lower than your standard one

not really benny boy... max piping size for NA should only be 2.25 inch catback and muffler size is almost same as stock....

you go anything more than 2.25, you will lose back pressure.... less torqy....

ooo yeah.. no tyres are fun..

chaos: could'a been the stock suspension too.. meant to have heaps of bodyroll, which means the tyres don't stick properly too the ground, even if they do have tread.

you keep giving me ideas to add more mods to the car, probably end up doing a RB25DET engine transplant and a T88 and nos.... :headspin:

ME giving you ideas?? :confused:

i would go handling first..... no point spending thousands to squeeze a few more KWs outa the car...

awesome handling makes you a better driver...

not really benny boy... max piping size for NA should only be 2.25 inch catback and muffler size is almost same as stock....  

you go anything more than 2.25, you will lose back pressure.... less torqy....

I've got a twin cannister 3.5" exhaust sitting in the garage :)

ya, I'm going for tyres first Glenn costing me a butt load too.... almost half my uni tuition.

can sometimes even be just be the gaskets or rubber mountings.. gaskets are like $2.50 to replace

where can i get this checked out? at a normal garage???

yup.. not cheap..

krawler: no.. they're just spring and shock setup.. i sold my old set for $200, they were sitting around for ages

Doesnt coil over simply mean the coil is over the shock?

Meaning that most cars are coil over factory.. The term coil over is normally targetting adjustable gear though.

skylines looks better with singles

i know... It was on the NA, but got it taken off for compliancing.. and power loss.

now i'm stuck with a stupid rattle.

i know... It was on the NA, but got it taken off for compliancing.. and power loss.

now i'm stuck with a stupid rattle.

get 2 jacks and a creepboard.... rip out the heat shield....

if not the heat shield... hammer the resonator gently to check for rattling...

i think the difference is.. with coilovers, the shock is actually welded to the bottom of the spring, and they are basically one unit and cannot be separated. Most things can be adjustable.

With a spring and shock setup the springs and shocks can be separated and changed independently. In that setup you can adjust the shock, but not the actually spring height or anything like that.