• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chaos

• Ska

• BelGarion

• Nexus9

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been reading alot of posts about 200rwkw 33's with stock ecu and turbo. i rekon its bullshit. im running the same mods as these guys, including the 12psi boost and i get 170rwkw. id love to line up beside on of these so call 200rwkw stock ecu'd cars.

no shit.. its just the young'uns who take it to "kens dyno tuning" and they tweak the graphs to make it look like they're just tuned it up to give big figures.. shootout mode - add another 10% or so.. .. whatever other tricks they use like temp correction, etc (?) 10%.. etc. Or they just tune for peak power somewhere around 150km/hr which isn't really of much use to anybody.

1995 and later ECU can go a bit better before requiring aftermarket management.. but still..

Mine got anywhere from 165rwkw to 190rwkw the few times it was stuck on different dynos. Pretty much exactly the same setup...

no shit.. its just the young'uns who take it to "kens dyno tuning" and they tweak the graphs to make it look like they're just tuned it up to give big figures.. shootout mode - add another 10% or so.. .. whatever other tricks they use like temp correction, etc  (?) 10%.. etc. Or they just tune for peak power somewhere around 150km/hr which isn't really of much use to anybody.  

1995 and later ECU can go a bit better before requiring aftermarket management.. but still..  

Mine got anywhere from 165rwkw to 190rwkw the few times it was stuck on different dynos. Pretty much exactly the same setup...

I know I have said my car had 200rwkw once but i really thought it did that was like 2 yrs ago when i first got my car. im sure my car would struggle to pull 120rwkw bahahaha :Oops:

wish i could go watch.. but going to do absolutely sweet FA tomorrow.. on my day of rest..

once i get some small stuff fixed on my old car i'll take it out on the track i reckon.. why not :D its not like I would be devestated if i wrote it off :D

I know I have said my car had 200rwkw once but i really thought it did that was like 2 yrs ago when i first got my car. im sure my car would struggle to pull 120rwkw bahahaha

yeah.. i think most ppl go through that phase at first "oh my car does xxx", but get over it a bit over time.

so yours is still having some probs?

:D

2.6L twin turbo

first month of production

import from August this year

* has problems, should go cheap *

.. start price 50,000 yen

.. SOLD for 719,000 yen (car cost only)

and still sold for $9k.. lol

We asked for the figure to be manipulated on the dyno when sinbad got tuned, but they guy wouldn't do it. We wanted to make it so we got 1hp more than Melv for shits n giggles. But the guy (Matty Spry) would have no part in it.

I can understand why, so we weren't too dissappointed

yeah not sure my car doesnt seem as bad as it was, just not feeling to full force that you would expect from 12 pound.

just needs a good service and tune

yeah.. mine was like that for a while.. then autotek tuned it up pretty nicely.. then got to drive it for about 2 weeks like that.. then sold :D always the way.

We asked for the figure to be manipulated on the dyno when sinbad got tuned, but they guy wouldn't do it. We wanted to make it so we got 1hp more than Melv for shits n giggles. But the guy (Matty Spry) would have no part in it.

I can understand why, so we weren't too dissappointed

yeah.. i am sure many are honest.. i'm not saying they all do it..