SAU Community

Yellowed - Silvia

Ill hold the unsurmountable use of profanity in this post and put it simply, I got yellowed, for the following parts…. Any help and advice on finding, borrowing parts, or just intelligent ways of going around these things would be greatly accepted.

- No rubber mats on pedals.

- No tyre placard?

- No airbag on steering wheel.

- Need a new ca18det radiator mount.

- All brakes "worn". Don't know what the f**k that numpty knows about brakes, but ill be upgrading anyway, so hit me if your selling some,

- Seatbelts "worn".

- "Front" mount turbo, LMAO.

- Pod Filter. Are they not allowed either?

Any help welcomed, thanks everyone…..

Don't have any parts for you but my skyline got yellowed for the brakes not working. The way he checked was put his hand on the disc and told me its cold so they arn't working. He also asked me if i felt the brakes not working, I said no and he carried on that it's probably because im not a mechanic. I am a fitter and turner and im pretty sure there is nothing wrong with my brakes but what are you going to do about it. I am just going to machine the brakes and get new pads for it, far easier then fighting it.

what do you actually have that was classed as "front mount turbo"? is it an intercooler? depends on whether you had to cut the front reo to get it in as to whether it's illegal or not. also depends on your states rules regarding intercoolers as well.

pod filter, again depends on your states regulations. i only know qld's where they are fine as long as they are secured with a bracket. some states though don't allow both a pod and an intercooler. you can either have 1 or the other.

no rubbers on the pedals is one not many people know about. just go to a wreckers and get the pads off a random car and see if they fit.

the no airbag one should only apply if the car was fitted with an airbag standard. if it wasn't then they can't get you for it, however, if you have an aftermarket wheel they can get you for being too small.

tyre placard, well i'm not sure how you'll get that one sorted. if they normally have them inside the glovebox then just get a new glovebox.

brakes, well depends on whether your pads were really worn, or the rotors were.

seat belts, bit hard to say about that one. are they frayed at all?

radiator mount, well again, just get a new one.

long story short though, most of the stuff you got done for is your own fault and you are actually in the wrong.

- No tyre placard?

I'm sure you have friends with Silvias. Look at their tyre placard - if they have one it will be a sticker stuck onto the driver's side door jamb under the door striker... Now go use your fav publishing program to copy it and print it on sticker paper. This is what I did

- Seatbelts "worn".

frayed? If it's not frayed but just not retracting properly then chuck the seat belt assy in a bucket of detergent water overnight. If frayed, order some new Klippan ones from an auto store. Silvia S13 front driver = K6303 + K4425, front passenger = K6304 + K4425

- "Front" mount turbo, LMAO.

FMIC maybe? Can't be cutting reo bars

- Pod Filter. Are they not allowed either?

Not sure on this... I got away with it as mine is hidden under the nose panel from above and by an undertray from below...

How the fark can they tell if the brakes are worn w/out taking the wheel off?

by looking through the spokes in the wheel and seeing how much meat is left on the pad. and then if you feel the rotor for a wear lip you can tell how worn the rotors are (or at least how worn since they were last machined)