SAU Community

About The Xenon Light And Workshop

mrfai

^^that's pretty much it. They're trying to streamline it to a national set of roadworthy standards, but getting the states to agree is like trying to herd cats.

I reckon converting factory xenon headlights to halogens is stupid and downright dangerous, I always put the factory ones back in once the cars are on the road. Keep an eye out for a column on this topic in next month's (I think!) FF&R magazine...

I agree! The lens/reflector assembly is not focused for a halogen bulb (completely different) and the beam goes everywhere.

Also, could someone actually show where in the ADR's it says they must be "auto levelling"? Last time I took a look the word 'auto[matic]' didn't appear IIRC...

i think the wording is self-leveling

but i haven't read the legislation in a while

yer which is unfortunate - if it were 'levelling system' then the factory electronic adjustment would be sweet!

self cleaning system would be an issue though....

Yes I think the wording would be is self levelling, because the Citroens with the self leveling suspension, do not need manual height adjustable headlamps that are also an EU requirement. And the ADR's are becoming basically a rehash of the EU regs.

Edited by nickcorr