SAU Community

Anyone Wanting To Make Some Cash?

Ty1

Hey I've just purchased a new set of bc-br coilovers and I'm really wanting to get them fitted this weekend. Im not confident in doing it myself and I'm willing to pay someone $150 cash that has experience in fitting coilovers to come out to my place and help me fit the front and rear set. I'd take it to a shop but I simply don't have the time during the week to get it done. I'm pretty certain I have all the tools required to do it unless there is some special tool required to remove the old tein suspension. So all you would need to bring is yourself. I'm located at redbank plains and my number is 0433 373 183 so feel free to call me or send a txt. Thanks!

Silly question... did you do a wheel alignment? If you change your suspension it's a good idea to check everything is set correctly (or take it somewhere and get em to whack it on the machine) otherwise if nothing else you'll destroy your tyres in no time.

no alignment needed. the car was set to the exact height that the original coilovers were at.

There's enough play in all the suspension bolts that it will still probably need an alignment.

An alignment is what, like 50 bux? I'm used to 31 owners being too cheap to get one, but I expected more on here :D

There's enough play in all the suspension bolts that it will still probably need an alignment.

An alignment is what, like 50 bux? I'm used to 31 owners being too cheap to get one, but I expected more on here :D

I would certainly do a wheel alingment. At least for a tyre wear point of view. Why save $50 if you gonna spend hundreds on a new set of tyres due to uneven wear.

lol. movement in suspension bolts. in a 33 i certainly hope not. would also love to know where said 50 buck wheel alignments r done. that would be handy. although i do like my car to drive straight so for around 80 i just get fulcrum to do it. lol.

lol. movement in suspension bolts. in a 33 i certainly hope not. would also love to know where said 50 buck wheel alignments r done. that would be handy. although i do like my car to drive straight so for around 80 i just get fulcrum to do it. lol.

hmmm.... double wishbone might limit the effect but it will still be there to some extent. 50 bux/80 bux shame sh*t. I think quickfit charge me $70 or $80 normally for the liner (but it's a pr*ck of a job) and $50 for the XF.

Any modification to suspension can cause the alignment to be out, or can cause an already ill adjust alignment to be further out. If you were on the coast my work does alignments for $66.

Thanks guys for your advice. I'll definitly be getting a wheel alignment done after reading a few of your comments, especially since i've just forked out over $700 for 2 new rear tyres. I'll be able to get it done for free as the place i bought my tyres from gives me one free wheel alignment and puncture repair....yay ;) and thanks again to jutto for fitting the coilovers!

mate of mine does them on saturdays for $50 and $30 if your nice on the northside.

(camber adjustments too)

on the downlow though

Edited by PetroDola

Ty,

Give Bossman tyres at Archerfield a call. From memory he's pretty cheap for wheel alignments. It's only a quick run down the motorway for you that way :ermm:

the guys got a 1500 dollar wheel alignment machine, that can't fronts unless you take your front bar off :D

/ takes 5 days to do your tyres

the guys got a 1500 dollar wheel alignment machine, that can't fronts unless you take your front bar off :D

/ takes 5 days to do your tyres

He did mine without taking off the front bar and it took half an hour. Sucks to be you!