SAU Community

Ticking Coming From Engine/turbo. Any Answers?

hey guys, over the past month ive noticed a ticking sound that gets faster as i increase in speed and boost when im driving. only happens for the first minute or so of driving when i start it up for the first time in the mornin. after that it completely goes away. does any1 know what it could be?

im thinking turbo or lifters? im also using a thicker oil (10-60 castrol edge) as my r33 gtst has done over 170k. i heard thicker oil can be the cause of this sometimes.

any feedback appreciated, cheers.

Noisy Lifters for sure...

Motul Turbo Light 4100 Done Nothing for Mine

Was advused by alot of people that track thier cars on a weekly basis that:

Nulon 15W50 Fully Sythetic Street & Track Performance Oil Was the goods...

Check the link for More Info

http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Full_Synt...ack_Engine_Oil/

Next Oil Change Much Much Much quieter

P.S. No point listening to crap about using Jap Spec Oils because your car is in Australia & Its driven in the Vastly different Australian Conditions...

Yeah could very much be a gasket issue, especially if it gets louder when under a bit of load at low revs. My VL does the same sort of thing, shuts up when it's warmed up. Skyline did it a bit, but got the manifold gasket changed before it got bad.

Could also be bearings somewhere, but this is unlikely.

cheers for the feedback guys. will do a service and change to those different oils next week plus check out those gaskets. ive actually noticed a slight weep from the intake manifold gasket. its not fresh though and has been there for a while so should porobably get onto it.