SAU Community

Part 1 - Improving Interior

domino_z

Finally took a pic of the first step in ramping up the looks of the interior

Im taking a more subtle approach, i think its all too easy to od on cf, so this may seem like no big deal for most, but in the flesh its a really nice touch and does the lift the ambience

The details - new gearknob purchased as i wasnt sure it was going to turn out right. However, blackmans in melb nailed it. Red Leather colour is very close and has the same perforated texture as stock seats (just cant be seen well in pic). Carbon is an overlay from RSW Japan. Fit is perfect, but if i had my time again i wouldnt have rushed into an overlay and had the original part wrapped....i still might when i get around to stage 2

What cant be seen is the dynomating of under the rear seat. I used half a trunk pack and got good even courage in one layer. Hasnt removed all the noise from stones, random diff/box noises but has reduced them by at least 50%. No more drone from my non-resonated mid-pipe either at low revs in tall gears - read gf auto mode

Stage 2 will be to remove the main bezel trim, wrap that in carbon and re-do the leather? lid in suede with red stitching. Just need to work up the courage to pull it all apart

gearknob_01.jpg

Edited by domino_z

the retrimmer in melb was blackmans

the rsw part i ordered from japanparts iirc, or maybe it was tunerlab.....either way tunerlab's doors are now closed anyway

the only people i know who can wrap cf is robson design in singapore, though its a hassle having to remove the part, send o/s and wait for it to come back whilst the car is off the road

hence why im trying to source a spare bezel surround trim atm to have wrapped

the retrimmer in melb was blackmans

the rsw part i ordered from japanparts iirc, or maybe it was tunerlab.....either way tunerlab's doors are now closed anyway

the only people i know who can wrap cf is robson design in singapore, though its a hassle having to remove the part, send o/s and wait for it to come back whilst the car is off the road

hence why im trying to source a spare bezel surround trim atm to have wrapped

Just wrap it in cf vynil.

NeffyWrap is a carbon material perfect for wrapping. Much nicer than the typical stuff. I know a lot of guys using it both internally and externally, and by all accounts it's very nice to use.

I had a sample sent from the US, it feels nice and looks great.

Go to Google Images and do a quick search, as for some reason the forum won't let me place the images on here.

domino, we provide the same service as robson does at a fraction of the cost, let me know if yoour interested and ill get some quotes, my partner in taiwan does it.

empire, can you provide me with some pics of your work

Edited by domino_z