SAU Community

2011 F1 Thread

zebra

lol 100km/hr speed limit

just like perth :(

I did lol a bit. there was like 5 blokes there to watch and they looked like they just stumbled into it on their way somewhere. melbourne or sydney and it's packed 5 rows deep from the fence. i love perth. gold.

I'm sitting at Bathurst right now in a hotel room with a bunch of other skyline guys waiting for the laps to happen tomorrow.

Bring it button

nice. :) hope you get a good view mate. it will be pretty cool to see an F1 car on the track at bathurst. definitely once in a lifetime. wish I had known earlier and made a little road trip!

Webbers problem on the Bolte is that the FIA brought in a new rule this year that allows for the removal of a drivers super license for non sporting related issues, so if Mark had exceeded the speed limit, and the police decided to prosecute him (using Victoria's draconian regs) then Mark would have most likely ended up losing his super license.

If the bogans got upset about a gtr handing it to them they're gonna go rank over this.

yeah one of my mates was getting SMS's from a bogan friend saying "let me know when the F1 crashes". honestly what a f**kwit.

my pics here

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/356834-vodafone-mclaren-mercedes-mt-panorama/page__view__findpost__p__5725667

I wonder how they went with the F1 through the dipper. I really want to see the helicopter footage!

+1 for heli footage. i reckon voda are making an ad to coincide with melbourne F1 race.

the F1 would be fine through the dipper. People forget that supercars race there all the time and their front bar is an inch off the ground and they are low slung too. maybe a slightly different line but i don't think it would be an issue.

The v8's have 'some' suspension, f1 cars drag their asses along the ground. They find bumps an shiz.

+ 11ttyy bAjillion on footage of the 5 laps each in the f1 car. I promise not to bust my nut and make a mess until they are parking her back in the pits.

I have to say, bloody good effort from lowndes. he has not forgotten all his open wheel work in europe after all. just to be able to hop in and at least drive the thing at 8/10ths is a bloody good effort.

and kinks, awesome photos. :)