SAU Community

2011 F1 Thread

zebra

That was some funny shit

Ivan and I were sitting in the Jones stand and saw him stack on tyranovision just after he drove past, and we both lost it

The bit they had on the new Tires was interesting after a conversation i had with some Michelin big wigs last week.

When all the suppliers placed their interest Michelin pulled out when told that F1 wanted a tire that would "go off quicker" as it goes against Michelins philosophy of endurance and "economy".

There has already been some comments that the team cannot talk about the falloff due to the Pirelli being unhappy with the negative media already

Also noticed that One has Ferrari listed as "Scuderia Ferrari Malboro"

The bit they had on the new Tires was interesting after a conversation i had with some Michelin big wigs last week.

When all the suppliers placed their interest Michelin pulled out when told that F1 wanted a tire that would "go off quicker" as it goes against Michelins philosophy of endurance and "economy".

There has already been some comments that the team cannot talk about the falloff due to the Pirelli being unhappy with the negative media already

Also noticed that One has Ferrari listed as "Scuderia Ferrari Malboro"

really? wow thats a bit risque!! hadnt noticed but wll look next time.

i like the idea of trashing tyres easier. makes for smoother racing. and yet the wing (which i can still see failing spectacularly) and the Kers should add the speed back into it.

Vetools time was with the wing up as much as possible and kers in use....neither of which they had last yr at this point.

woot Q1...envious of those that are there. thinking of making it our honey moon next yr. perfect timing.

Edited by boiracer

really? wow thats a bit risque!! hadnt noticed but wll look next time.

Its on the 1HD timing not the BBC one, so when they had a run down of the prac sessions pre qualifying

:unsure: Heidfeld out in 1st Qualifying session!!!

agreed. that was awesome. and lucky.

Kobayashi neeeds another drive somewhere. that was a champion effort. dam that little guy can drive!(although sauber does look alot stronger this yr already)

Edited by boiracer

Did you notice webs having a look @ the bottom of vetel's car when they were parking up after the last qualy?

koby was dammed impressive and it seems like someone lit a fire under sutil finally, dammed hot drive and one hell of a save, was thinking I'm about to watch sutil's death when he spun. sauber look hot this season.

torro in q3, holy shit.

what about massa baby, shit we area about to get eliminated, here's pull 2-4 seconds out of your ass with like 3/4 the lap done. that shit was insane.

vetel's time better than pole last season, Hol-ly f***.

Two things just happenend:

1. Either vettel is a finger wagging genius, or webber is jut as utterly useless as i thought

2. Vettel is going to go back to back. He may not even break a sweat to do it

And mclaren and ferrari are the wrong way around? where the hell did that come from louie!?! Nando will be dissappointed losing out by 1.4secs from pole.

So the bulls werent using kers, and apparently they arent saying why. Leading one to believe theres a potential issue

If for whatever reason they dont have this sorted by tomorrow, expect lewis and jense to absolutely mob them from the line

which would be a shame for vettel after that great performance