SAU Community

2011 F1 Thread

zebra

Or maybe just harden the f**k up.

It's not netball, the racing is actually supposed to be the pinnacle of contests ( and challenges)

Basically, nothing good as come though regulation changes for about 20 years Except the reversal back to non grooved slick tyres.

Every time the FIA have a chance to really fix the sport they f**k it up.

God I'm such a whinger.

Not whinging, you're just thinking along the same lines as many millions of f1 fans around the world.

Edited by Galois

I wonder how the world media would have reacted if a steward said "they penalised Hamilton because he was black....that's what Ali G says....I am just kidding".

They hit him with a powder puff anyway, 20 second penalty which cost him nothing.

Roy is spot on, if he said the track is tight and opportunities are rare as hens teeth. In both cases the drivers left the door ajar but closed it before I could complete my move.

He will be great to watch in Canada.

Hamilton not whinging is like a fish trying to breathe through it's mouth instead of it's gills. just not natural...

Fish breathe through gills?

You learn the darndest things on SAU!

im tipping Canada will be an absolute cracker

dont think the bulls will have the pace to stay out front, and the fuzz might acctually put in a good all round performance

either way, overtaking will be making its comeback

There's also 54 billion chickens in the world*

*[citation needed]

im tipping Canada will be an absolute cracker... overtaking will be making its comeback

I concur, Sir; Hopefully they've now crunched enough data on where to place the activation lines to ensure we get to see lots of ballsy braking zone battles

Brundle has been losing his shit for a while now. Rambles on all the time and misses some of the most blatantly obvious stuff. Can see him being phased out soon

Haha, here we go, the thing I've noticed about commentary is that no one is ever happy, people SCREAMED to have martin on the BBC team without James Allen, who I think was too distracted with the contours of Lewis Hamilton's Asshole.

There is no one out there who will do as good a Job, personally I like the inside Line and the banter between Coulthard and Brundle and the anecdotes add spice.

I really dislike commentary that is ridiculously over the top and emphatic like in NASCAR.

I sort of see Brundle in the same light as Mark Skaife in the V8SC.

+1 for Martin.

Brundle has been losing his shit for a while now. Rambles on all the time and misses some of the most blatantly obvious stuff. Can see him being phased out soon

Seemed to serve Murray Walker alright for about, oh, 17,000 years or so.

Damon Hill'd prolly be a decent replacement at some stage, yeah?

I'm pretty happy with the commentary this year. But I am glad that Martin has stoped saying "look but don't stare" when the cars are waiting for the lights to go out.

Theres a bit of talk about moving the barrier that the Sauber hit, but i dont think thats the issue. That bump in the road that they hit just as they enter the breaking zone seems to be the cause of all the problems.

I mean you can even see it if your just standing there on the road looking down the hill. Imagine how it looks and feels for the guys driving over it. Surely a cheap easy fix would be just to smooth that thing out and all should be well, no? Why go to all the trouble of moving cranes and barriers

It's part of the charicter of the track, doing stuff like that is how we end up with tilk tracks. It's the most prestigious race to win, it's not meant to be easy. Being a temp street circuit it would probably be easier to move the barrier anyway.