2004 277

2005 204

2006 287

2007 270

2008 260

2009 244

2010 547

2011 283+

tell me again why we need DRS & KERS. Last year didn't have enough overtaking? Even the stats nerds can't keep up with it this year! At this rate we'll have 1344++ passes this year. Awesome

Its f**king ridiculous.

Edited by hrd-hr30

I'm watching 1998 season atm. up to race 11 Germany. Don't tell me who wins! lol. it may not be a banner year for overtaking either but cars sure were awesome back then. and the pit stops. they actually fuelled cars in them... crazy. and schuey could drive the wheels of anything including his fairly average ferrari of the time. irvine was mostly mid-pack but schuey was duking it out with hakkinen who had a far superior maclaren.

The twin chassis Lotus was a bucket of snot. Hopeless. The FIA did Chapman a favour by banning it, not that it was legal in the first place. Anyway your mate Colin was busy with other, much more dodgy stuff at the time.

Guys, If you look at not only F1 but pretty much any major motor sport category over the last 40 years.

It can be plainly seen that intervention from the people running the FIA has killed or at least greatly diminished many of the great series (IE made them worse)

Look at:

Group A

Group B (rally)

Group C (Mod sportscars)

F1 x 10

WRC

The list goes on.

Also, I saw a watched a preseason show about the ARC the other day, apparently AWD is banned ? LOL

Just goes to show that the people who make the decisions really have absolutely no idea about cars or racing in general.

Many series get by on the success and glory of their former selves !

V8 Super car, world rally for example.

Front wheel drive naturally aspirated production cars as the top tier of rally in australia ?

What a joke !

Guys, If you look at not only F1 but pretty much any major motor sport category over the last 40 years.

It can be plainly seen that intervention from the people running the FIA has killed or at least greatly diminished many of the great series (IE made them worse)

Look at:

Group A

Group B (rally)

Group C (Mod sportscars)

F1 x 10

WRC

The list goes on.

Also, I saw a watched a preseason show about the ARC the other day, apparently AWD is banned ? LOL

Just goes to show that the people who make the decisions really have absolutely no idea about cars or racing in general.

Front wheel drive naturally aspirated production cars as the top tier of rally in australia ?

What a joke !

ARC is better this year, they have pissed those homo restrictors off. Still have turbo awd

Look at:

Group A

Group B (rally)

Group C (Mod sportscars)

F1 x 10

WRC

The list goes on.

What a joke !

Have you actually looked into the reason Group B was banned? As cool as the cars were, it was downright lunacy running those cars on dirt tracks. As great as that era was in motorsport, far too many drivers and spectators died in a very short period of time. The FIA were well within their rights to ban it for spectator/driver safety.

I loved last season, and have no problem with what I am watching. Seems I am the only one :)

I'm with you too Bris. I love the amount of overtaking this year. The only thing that needs to be done is the DRS zones to be tweaked a little.

I'm with you too Bris. I love the amount of overtaking this year. The only thing that needs to be done is the DRS zones to be tweaked a little.

I have been enjoying it,

If anything the DRS set up in the sphincter of the universe gave the driver being an advantage (unless your name is Schui) as well as a number of times the passer was carrying too much speed into the hair pin ran wide and allowed a further pass coming onto or at the end of the start finish straight

you guys aren't going to miss proper battles for position like this?

that will never happen again as long as we have DRS. All Damon would have to do is wait for the DRS activation zone and cruise on by. Would you rather see that or a DRS fly-past?

Its not supposed to be easy to pass. Its supposed to be a battle. We were robbed of that between Webber and Alonso last weekend.

Passing is supposed to take skill, maybe a bit of cunning and an element of risk. They're the things that make it exciting. Even if they don't make the move stick, and end up remaining behind, its the battle that's interesting. This instant undefendable passing is more boring to me than seasons with less than 200 passes. What's exciting about knowing that bloke is about to easily breeze past in the DRS zone?

I want to see a bit of real racing, rather than the 200 mostly fake passes we've been "treated" to in the past 2 races. Maybe its just me. Maybe I'm too old. How do you catch ADD? I think that would help. I can honestly say DRS has taken all the appeal out of F1 for me. This just doesn't look or feel like Gran Prix racing. Its the battles that make Grands Prix great, not having the greatest tally of passes. People remember stuff like Damon and Schuey @ Spa, Prost and Senna, even Jones and Prost in 81, etc etc. Who's going to look back in 10 years time and say "do you remember that 15 second battle between Alonso and Webber for 2nd place in the 2011 The land of goat sphincter rings GP?"

Edited by hrd-hr30

I agree with you, but I think the DRS zone passes in Turkey were exaggerated by a poor placement of the zone.

I'd say most of the cars that passed through there, would have been able to pull alongside the leading car as they approached the braking zone with such a long tow, the DRS just made it a sure thing in most of the passes, whereas without the DRS it would have taken the better driver/line/braking to make it stick...

I don't think it'll be that easy at all other tracks...Let's hope not.