SAU Community

2011 F1 Thread

zebra

the sphincter of the universe's placement wasn't right but the previous tracks, eg China, has made for fantastic battles under brakes without simply gifting the position as happened in the sphincter of the universe.

I don't mind DRS, they have to make it a close fight somehow and the previous attempts to reduce aero significance haven't been effective.

the sphincter of the universe's placement wasn't right but the previous tracks, eg China, has made for fantastic battles under brakes without simply gifting the position as happened in the sphincter of the universe.

I don't mind DRS, they have to make it a close fight somehow and the previous attempts to reduce aero significance haven't been effective.

Don't remember last year?

2010 had pretty much double the overtakes of any season in the previous 15 years, and was right up there with the most passing in the past 30 years!!!

Not good enough for you?

If DRS made for a close fight in China, there'd be plenty of people sucessfully able to defend their position. That didn't happen. But I don't think DRS is supposed to make it a 'fair fight'. We already had plenty of fair fights going on last year. DRS is supposed to make it easier to pass, and that's exactly what its doing. Its for people who think good/exciting racing means there's always people passing each other.

Please, do us all a favour and fuck off now... if not sooner

You're a waste of a perfectly good set of everything

aww come on mang

I'm sure the teams would be tripping over themselves to sign F1's longest serving but least successful driver

but seriously Rubinho- Williams is as good as it'll get for you from here 'til you hang up the steering wheel

i really dont get how this drs and kers is making it a better race..

1stly the car within a second can use it? surly they should make it if your out side of the second window of the car ahead u can use it that lap. to try and catch up. but once your within, its all up to the driver to bust his guts to get there,

i heard from a friend of mine whos fathers rather in the know how, and he said that apparently the FIA had an idea of putting sprinklers at each track and would just randomly choose when to put them on, give drivers x amount of laps warning, makes for 1 less set of slicks, and puts pressure on them to do the change, when is it coming etc etc, i think they are at a point now where the cars are so electronically advanced and just have too much grip for the power there limiting them too.

cars need to weigh around 650 kg mark i believe, but power has been cut considerably in the past decade.

if any of you have watched the ayrton senna doco, thats racing.... its slightly ghetto how average the cars were then, but you had to litteraly aim at the corner, if u wanted to pass, u either didnt brake n just rode it out, or put ur car in the position that if they other driver doesnt allow u through you will all crash haha... good fun to watch but wow!

how vettel just gets out and doesnt stop is just crazy.... i think 2011 is a dud year for f1's personaly, lots of over taking, no crashes, and just the same thing race in race out!

im not saying in in it for the crashes. it makes it more interesting yes, but i think the difficulty has been taken out of the sport with drs and kers. obviously its still very very difficult for teams and drivers still and allways will be, but i feel that its just the same shit different track this year....

i think not using these systems during qualifying would be a good idea!

i am a huge f1 fan, but how is 1 ment to defend his spot, when the guy behind u is so much more aerodynamic and slightly more powered than u....

Have you actually looked into the reason Group B was banned? As cool as the cars were, it was downright lunacy running those cars on dirt tracks. As great as that era was in motorsport, far too many drivers and spectators died in a very short period of time. The FIA were well within their rights to ban it for spectator/driver safety.

Yes I have.

Rally is a dangerous sport, even more so then almost every other type of of auto racing.

This is not death race with Jason stathem.

No one makes anyone compete, people want to see the fastest cars race, and the drivers want to drive the fastest cars.

It is always very sad to see people hurt and killed but sport is optional.

The FIA regularly oversteps it's bounds in terms of what it is actually there to accomplish.

It is ridiculous for the future direction of regulation changes being dictated by anyone other then competitors. the FIA has/is and always will be ego driven by people to suit their own agenda.

who are you boys tipping for spainish gp?

do we think vettel may finaly drop off the pace or make a mistake?

and whats the story with qualifying, can u use DRS when ever where ever can you? vettel was shifting to 6th or 7th at the apex of turn 8 with wing open in the sphincter of the universe in q3, was amazing the grip and speed he had!

quick track, but am very unsure as who may be fastest! would like to see the ferraris and maclarens push up

me I don't care. I'm still watching 1998 season. last race was belgium GP. kick ass race. the race before was silverstone where schumi clinched the win and served his drive through penalty after the chequered flag! gold. then we went to germany where schumi was again closing on the maclarens (all maclaren front row so far for the 13 races of season 1998). and last race at SPA was crazy. it was wet and coulthard the retard spun off the start and caused a 10 car pile up at the exit of la source. basically only schumi, hakki and hill escaped but this being 1998 all the crashed losers just ran back and hoped in their spare cars. so we line up again with only 3 of the 10 crashed drivers not making the re-start. this time hakki loops it again on the exit of la source but only 2-3 cars in this one so the race keeps going. schumi starts out after vilenueve and get him in 1-2 laps, then irvine gracefully steps out of his way. now it's just coulthard and hill ahead of him, he gets the 'thard easy enough as he's a massive 2 seconds quicker than coulthard who in his super maclaren is 2 seconds quicker than anybody else (making schumi 4 seconds quicker than anyone in the wet). it's partly due to the fact that the goodyears schumi has are heaps better in the wet than the bridgestones (which have been superior in the dry at nearly all tracks). so schumi gets up to his 1996 sparring partner of hill and promptly cruises past. the next 20-30 laps see shcumi an absolute machine in the wet. until he comes up to Lap coulthard. following in DC's spray DC suddenly decides to lift off which at that speed sends schumi straight up his arse turning his 4 wheel ferrari into a 3 wheeled ferrari. schumi makes it back to the pits and try's to punch DC's lights out but gets pulled off by jean todt and others. it turns out they'd asked DC to let shcumi by but in the process he fked things up good. hungary next. the WDC is in the balance with hakkinen still just in front of schumi (who would have taken the lead if not taken out by DC). regardless of the result (bloody hill won in his jordan) schumi drove a bloody amazing race at Spa. it's probably my favourite track and having driven there in the dry and on a partially wet track I don't know how schumi could drive so fast there in the wet.

so yeah, who cares about 2011. 1998 is much more enjoyable and I can't remember who wins WDC that season so it'll be a surprise when I get there.

plus they have webber as guest commentator a few times that year. good value. he looks like a kid!

spoil it for me and i keel you. I'm hoping schumi can get up but I don't think he'll make it. the 98 maclarnes are so far (first car with newey as designer after he left williams in 97) ahead of the rest it's not funny. and the bridgestone tyres have smashed the goodyears on anything except for the wet at spa.

but fk schumi could drive back then. irvine is lucky to be mid of the top 10 where as schumi is pushing hard for wins now at most races. come on old son.

ps if you not spoil for me it I give you copy when you're down next.